Potions

"Good morning class", Professor Slughorn called out as he walked into the potions classroom. "Today we will be continuing our lessons on how potions can effect our minds, and bodies. for this class and the few following you will be working with partners to brew a Libidine potion, but more commonly known as..."

Not surprisingly Hermiones hand raised cautiously into the air.

"Miss. Granger." Slughorn called.

"em, Libidine potion is commonly known as the lust potion", her face reddened as she said this.

"Excellent!", exclaimed Slughorn, beaming at the bright pink girl.

Harry groaned. He couldn't imagine brewing such a potion with someone. He glanced around the room to see if anyone would be even slightly tolerable to work with. His emerald eyes swept across the room until they were met by the cold grey eyes of Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy sneered at him and quickly turned away. Harry rolled his eyes. He looked down at the notes he had taken last class. His mind wandered to that class where they were brewing Amortentia. He remembered the foul smell that the potion gave off. It smelled of a very strong cologne and sour lemons, and harry couldn't get the scent out of his nose.

"Just so we can truly see how this potion effects us, partners we be selected at random. Hopefully it's someone who you don't have a strong initial bond with.", Slughorn called out breaking harry from his world of thoughts.

Harry looked over at Ron who was frowning as he watched the Professor pull out a beat up old hat.

"Now class, please write your name on a slip of parchment and toss it in the hat."

Harry wrote his name sloppily on the slip in front of him and put it in the hat.

He absentmindedly looked over at Malfoy, who had just sent his slip dancing through the air into the hat.

"Now that everyone's name is in the hat I will ask some of you to draw a name, if you pull your own name please put it back."

With that, students, as selected by the professor walked up and drew the names of their partners.