The Match

Just as a heads up. I want to include sections of both Draco's and Harry's perspective so instead of doing two chapters of the same time I will indicate at the beginning of the section whose perspective it's told from. I hope it's not too confusing but let me know.

Harry's pov.

I woke up early. It was around 6am. I feel around for my glasses until I feel the round frames under my fingers. I put them on and glance around the room sleepily. I can hear Ron's loud snoring. I ignore this and walk sluggishly to the bathroom. I glare at myself in the mirror. My untamable black hair is sticking up in all directions. I chuckle at the ridiculousness of it. I run my fingers through it while thinking about what happened with Malfoy last night. The awkward, brief hand touch, the conversation about the love potion. I tried to think of someone who would smell of broom polish and treacle tart. I laugh as the only person I can think of is myself. I couldn't even begin to imagine it.

I went back to bed but I couldn't get to sleep. I flip through random books and watch the marauders map for a bit. I notice Malfoy out of bed, pacing back and forth quickly. I can only wonder what he's thinking.

Draco's POV.

I can't sleep anymore. Not after my dream. I just need to figure out who those boys were. It's driving me crazy. I'm pacing. Racking my brain trying to find their faces again. Just trying to remember. I sit on the end of my bed. I notice the pants I was wearing last night. There was a small stain on them from the potion. My mind drifts through random memories of the night. Harry's voice dances through my mind. I remember the smell of that god awful potion. I thought about how Harry looked at me when I told him about what I smelled. The way he laughed. His smile. A faint smile creeps across my face until I realize who i'm thinking about. I huff and fall back in bed. I grab my potions book and study the pages until breakfast.

I walk down to the Great Hall with Blaise, and Pansy. They're talking about Pansy's little crush. Or well Blaise is, she's avoiding the topic. We enter the hall and i notice Pansy briefly looks over to the Gryffindor table, blushes and turns away quickly. I roll my eyes. If the person she fancies is a Gryffindor she must be delusional. I look over to the spot at the table where she looked and see the famous trio themselves. If she likes the weasel or worse Potter she needs a good slap.

3rd person

Draco stares at Harry for a second until, Harry looks up and meets the blonds gaze. He smirks. Draco goes bright red and quickly looks away. He plops down next to pansy, who's absentmindedly playing with her breakfast.

"So... who's this Gryffindor you fancy?", Draco asks with a grin.

Pansy looks up instantly. "I- I don't know what you're talking about"

"Oh please, I saw you look over there"

" It- it's no one" she replies awkwardly.

"PANSY! Spit it out. It's not Potter right?"

"Of course not. We all know you're gay for him", She laughs.

"WHAT! I am not. Eww. no. Stop that's gross. NO", Draco responds defensively.

She laughs and rolls her eyes. "yeah, yeah, whatever."

"I'm not", he hisses.

" weasel?" Draco asks.

" Please, no," she laughs.

"Pansy then who- ... Granger?"

Pansy's face goes bright red, and buries it in her hands.

"oh" Draco says clamly. " I should go... Quidditch" he says as he gets up and leaves.

Harry scratches at his robes as McGonogall explains why this particular match is super important and they must win. Just moments later they are flying into the field preparing to start the match. Harry and Draco glare at each other and just and Madam Hooch's whistle blows Harry flashes his charming smile at Draco who loses concentration and is seconds late to fly away.

Harry flies high scanning the field for the snitch. He hears Lee Jordan's voice boom through the stands. He notices a flash of gold an dives down narrowly avoiding a Slytherin chaser. He looks around desperately trying to spot the snitch again. He sees Malfoy swoop upward follows closely. He reaches the same level as Malfoy, who grins.

Nice day for flying, eh Potter" he says.

Harry hears the crowd roar below him. "You bet, couldn't ask for a better day" he chuckles.

Malfoy smiles sheepishly, but Harry is too busy noticing the snitch below to realize. He dives down. Malfoy immediately dives after him. He watches as Harry dodges a bludger. He's too distracted, unknowingly fawning over Harry Potter to hear Lee shout into the microphone.

"MALFOY'S TOO BUSY WATCHING POTTER TO NOTICE THE GOLDEN SNITCH FLYING AROUND HIS HEAD"

Harry hears this and quickly flies up to him grabbing the snitch. His hand so close to Malfoy's face he could feel the warm breath on his fingers.

"HARRY POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH, 150 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR MAKING THEM THE WINNER" Lee Jordan yells.

The crowd screams, and the Gryffindor team flies to Harry congratulating him. Draco sits there stunned.

He and the rest of Slytherin team fly off the pitch. Draco only has seconds before he hears the deafening screech of Pansy Parkinson.

"Who's not gay for Potter" She asks between laughs.

"I'm not" Draco mutters.

" You lost the game because you were falling head over heels for the chosen one"she howls.

Draco storms away furious at Pansy, at himself, and especially Harry. He bolts into the nearest bathroom and viciously glares at himself in the mirror. How could you do this. He thinks. he refuses to believe that Pansy was right. Suddenly he hears a faint giggle.

" oooo. I heard that youu were in love with the choosen one, Harry Potter." the girly voice of Myrtle cries.

"AGH", Draco grunts in frustration.

"Have youuu seen him with his shirt off? 'cause I haveee", Myrtle giggles.

"MYRTLE" Draco yells, his face flushed. He walks briskly out of the bathroom mumbling to himself.

He couldn't focus. His head was spinning. He walked to the Slytherin common room. He needed to escape the prying people and clear his mind.