Drowning

I sink like a stone that's been thrown in the ocean. My logic has drowned in a sea of emotion.
Stop before you start. Be still my beating heart- Sting (Be Still My Beating Heart)

Draco couldn't take it. The indescribable pain he felt was too much. Everything he loved he couldn't have. Everything he needed wasn't there. His breathing was so heavy. He was shaking. 

The prefects bathroom is beautiful. Draco thought to himself. 

Harry heard this and against his better judgement he went to find him.

Draco cried. The tough boy act he put on was not big enough to protect him from the demons inside himself. It just protected everyone else. He wanted to scream. He wasn't supposed to hurt like this, but it felt like there was something eating him from the inside. He needed to scream. So loud everyone at the school would hear. He bit down on his finger, hard, and screamed.

Just outside the bathroom Harry heard a muffled scream and he knew something was wrong. He tried to open the door but he didn't know the password. He ran. Ran to find anyone, Hermione, Ron, even Pansy, he just needed that password. He found the library and Hermione and Pansy sitting together at  a table. He ran to them.

"Harry, please, don't judge it's just-", Hermione began when she saw Harry.

"Hermione, To be frank I really don't care. I just NEED the prefects bathroom password PLEASE!"

"Harry, what's going on", Hermione asked worried. 

"Malfoy, It's Malfoy, Please Hermione".

"Draco?" Pansy asked as fear began to rise.

"YES! Please what's the password?"

"It's bowtruckle, and we're coming with you", Pansy said. 

"Fine, whatever hurry"!

TW!

Draco didn't understand what was wrong with himself.  Voices in his head told him to hold his breath. To bit off his fingers. That he didn't deserve life. He believed them. They told him he was gross. That his love was wrong, and unnatural. He was a waste of life. How could someone ever love someone like him. He listened to the voices in his head. He scratched at his skin so hard it bled. He ran a bath. He filled it all the way but he didn't turn off the water. The sound was nice. 

He took off his shirt revealing a easily visible rib cage, and scars. Some deep. Others faint.  He placed his shirt near the door and walked back to the bath. He slipped as the bathtub was overflowing. A sharp broken tile sliced across his chest leaving a deep open wound. He hunched over in pain. He walked awkwardly over to the tub. He was bleeding buckets. You could fill an ocean with his tears. He vision was blurry and sounds drifted in and out of his ears. He fell into the bath hitting his head on the edge. 

He pushed out all the air he could carry in lungs. He coughed and water filled him. He lungs burned. Like a torch was put to them. Soon all the pain left his body. He was floating peacefully. He saw light, warm and welcoming. He could finally breath. 

Take me home. Where I belong. I just can't take it anymore.

Harry panicked at the thought that danced through his ears.

"Hurry, please, HURRY", he yelled. 

They reached the door, and heard the water running.  

"BOWTRUCKLE", Pansy screamed at the door.

It opened to reveal a wave of dark red water. They ran in. Harry noticed Draco's shirt and grabbed it. He heard a Bloodcurdling scream. He whipped around to see Pansy and Hermione standing  over the tub. Hermione was covering her mouth and rubbing Pansy's back as Pansy cried into her shoulder. Harry ran to the tub. He saw the lifeless body of Draco Malfoy floating in the bloody water. All his senses stopped. He heard nothing. He was shaking. He was terrified. 

Harry dove into the tub. He couldn't hear Hermione's screams. He grabbed the boy and held him close.

"I won't let go", He whispered into Draco's ear. "They can't have you, not yet". 

Hermione and Pansy dragged the two out of the water. Professors began to run in. Harry leaned over the body hugging it so tight. Tears poured out of his eyes. Teachers tried to pull him away. He refused to let go. He was eventually pulled away pulled away by Professor Mcgonagall. He turned into her and cried. He screamed.

"THEY CAN'T TAKE HIM. I PROMISED I WOULDN'T LET GO. I'M NOT READY!"

The three were escorted away from the bathroom and followed Draco to the infirmary. They watched as Potions were poured down his throat. Spells chanted. They held their breath. Harry couldn't feel anything. He wondered if he ever would again. 

He knew that he had feelings for Draco. He knew they weren't new feelings. He needed Draco to wake up. He needed to tell Draco just how much he loved him. Hours passed. Harry was allowed to stay the night, due to pure pity from Madam Pomfrey. His thoughts wouldn't settle.

Draco wake up. I need you. Please don't go yet. I can't be strong anymore. I can't be alone. I can't be who I need to without you. I love you.

 Harry was awaken from his thoughts by a sharp inhale. Draco took a breath. 

"Madam Pomfrey, He's breathing!", Harry yelled.

More spells. More potions. Harry hoped he would hear the silky voice of the boy with whom his heart belonged. 

Days passed. Draco had many visitors. The most common was Harry. Harry always came after his classes. Today was no different. Harry sat by Draco's bed. His listened to his breathing for a bit then pulled out his books. Ho flipped to the pages of notes from the classes he and Draco shared. He began to read them aloud when he heard something. It didn't sound like anything at first but it morphed into a word. 

Harry?

Harry jumped, and looked down at Draco. 

COUGH. Draco... coughed.

He tried to open his eyes but the light was blinding. 

"Harry"?

Harry let out a happy sigh.

"Draco. You're here. I missed you". 

Draco remembered everything up until he hit the water. He remembered why he did it. He remembered his pain. The voices. He remembered why he couldn't love Harry. He couldn't deal with the pain again.

Harry placed a hand on Draco's cheek and stoked it with his thumb. Draco leaned into his hand. He heart warmed and their were butterflies in his stomach. He felt a pain in his gut. He couldn't do this. As much as it hurt him, he couldn't do anything else. He shoved Harry's hand away. He pushes him away as far as he could.

"Don't you get it Potter? Don't you see? I Do Not Like You. Now GO!  LEAVE". 

"Harry's face looked hurt. Draco felt like he gave away his only hope. As much as he would hate to admit it he loved Harry. 

"Go."

Harry left.

A tear brushed down Draco's cheek and he put a hand over the spot where Harry's hand was. 

"I'm sorry", he whispered.