Conflicted

The next few days went quickly for the boys who both secretly wanted to see each other. Harry desperately wanted to apologize. He didn't know why he did it. His impulsiveness could very easily be his his downfall. He was so embarrassed. He couldn't imagine seeing the uncomfortable teasing face of Draco Malfoy.

Draco on the other hand was trying to decide how he felt about the kiss. He didn't hate it which drove him crazy. No way would he ever like Harry Potter. As far as he knew no one knew about the kiss, and no one should. He could distinctly remember the feel of Harry's lips on his. All of a sudden it hit him. His dream. His undeniable craving for the kiss of the tall Ravenette had been fulfilled whether he liked it or not. He wondered if he should tell Harry.

The days following were slow. Uneventful for both boys. They hadn't seen each other since the kiss but they knew they would have to soon to finish up the potion. That day came too quick.

Harry walked slowly to the room of requirement. He couldn't bare to relive the kiss over and over in his head with a judgmental Malfoy watching him. He imagined the accusations and insults that were to be fired at him. He dragged his feet sulking through the corridors. Harry eventually found the door. He stood outside a moment preparing himself. He quietly stepped into the room to find Draco sitting nicely with a book near the cauldron. Harry cleared his throat. He say Draco flinch a little and looked up.

"About time you showed up".

"Sorry".

"We should try to finish the potion this time, We'll drink it next time", Draco said.

"Yeah, all right", Harry agreed.

Harry sat across from Draco and the two continued silently. Besides the awkward brief eye contact there was no real interaction. Draco couldn't take it much longer. He had so much he wanted to say to Harry. He looked at Harry's bright green eyes but this time he didn't look away. He was lost in Harry's eyes. Harry looked up and met Draco's gaze. Draco blushed and smiled shyly. Harry also smiled. He was so confused. This wasn't the boy he knew for six years. This was a kind, gentle boy who was hiding under a mask of hatred.

Draco's stomach was filled with butterflies. He leaned closer to Harry, maintaining the prolonged eye contact. Harry didn't know what was happening. He didn't know how to feel about it, but he didn't do anything to stop it. The boys leaned together until their lips found each other.

This time neither boy broke away. Their lips danced around the others. Harry reached his hand up and cupped Draco's cheek. Draco's hands fell to the small of Harry's back. The two kissed passionately. Their tongues managed to escape and find the other as they laced around each other. The only time they pulled away was to catch a small breath. Harry broke of for a second and grinned.

Draco's stomach was over flowing with butterflies. This feeling was indescribable. For the first time he felt like he was wanted. He wanted to hold Harry and never let go. He leaned into Harry's comforting hand resting on his cheek. Feeling the warmth and care was too much for him and he broke away from the kiss. He didn't open his eyes. He didn't know if he could. He placed his hand over Harry's.

Harry could tell something was wrong. He was about to ask, when he heard a sob coming from the blond boy. Draco broke down in tears. Harry had never seen him so vulnerable. He pulled Draco into his chest and Draco seemingly melted into him. The heart wrenching sobs from the boy in his lap were painful to hear.

Draco felt warm and protected with Harry's arms around him. Harry was warm and comforting. Draco was touch starved and longed to stay wrapped in Harry's arms but he couldn't. He wiped his tears away, and sat up.

"Draco, whats-", Harry started.

"I should go", Draco said coldly, voice still wavering after crying so hard.

"But wait-"

"Bye Harry".

Harry sat there. Not knowing what to do he looked down at his hands that were just seconds ago cradling Draco. Then he realized. He called him Harry.