Invasion

Draco couldn't breath. He practically ran through the corridors. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes again. His fingernails dug into his skin as he pleaded with himself not to cry again. He found the common room. He hoped no one was there. He couldn't take it. He couldn't handle a prying Pansy, or a bothersome Blaise. He tried to walk quietly to the dormitory, but his shaky breath and weak legs gave him away. He woke up a sleeping Pansy who was lying on a couch seemingly waiting for his return.

"Draco", She said drowsily "Are you alright"?

"Brilliant, Pansy, I am going to bed now", He said struggling not to cry.

"Oh, ok". Pansy knew something was wrong. She could tell he was hurting. She would't make it worse.

"Draco stared at himself long and hard in the mirror. His mind was flooded with thoughts.

What's wrong with me. What the fuck is wrong with me.

His tears couldn't be stopped any longer and the spilled out his glassy silver eyes.

He probably thinks i'm fucking stupid. What am I even going to say. I Fucked up. Shit. Why do I even care. Why DO I care. I shouldn't care what Harry Potter thinks of me. I don't. I won't . Fuck me.

"You'd like that wouldn't you"

Draco whipped around.

No one. Just an empty bathroom. His heart was beating. Who said that. Or thought that. How is that even possible. He was terrified. How did someone know his thoughts. He was shaking. He walked to bed. He collapsed into the mattress and fell into a hauntingly dreamless sleep.

*****************

Harry sat in silence for a few moment wondering what he did to make Draco cry. Why did he find the vulnerability In the blonde attractive. He got up to walk back to his common room pondering his many thoughts. His mind was wandering until a different voice popped into his head.

He couldn't place it at first. Until one line.

"I shouldn't care what Harry Potter thinks of me. I don't."

Draco. He knew. He didn't bother wondering how this was possible. He was intrigued at this newfound peek into the mind of his Slytherin enemy.

"Fuck me." He heard. He laughed naturally. "You'd like that wouldn't you" He thought.

He felt Draco's fear. It sent shivers down his spine. He worried. What on earth was wrong with him. He needed to see him. He needed to see Draco.