Anticipation

Harry was restless. He hadn't been able to sleep for days. Draco was to be released from the hospital wing soon. He knew he would have to face his emotions sooner or later, but he was scared. He'd been afraid before. When Voldemort killed Cedric Diggory, when he was put in the face of hundreds of Dementors, but this was different. He couldn't cast a spell, or slash a sword through this fear. He couldn't tell if he was afraid of his feelings, or the price that came with having them. Maybe both.

**************

Draco knew that eventually  he and Harry would have to finish their project. Pansy was babbling about who knows what, but he blatantly ignored her. Draco had too much on his mind. 

"Draco, what's this?', Pansy asked.

Draco rolled his eyes and looked at what she was holding in her hand. His heart dropped as he saw the Pre-potion quiz.

"Give it!", He yelled as he attempted to snatch the papers away.

"No. I don't think I will. I remember thinking when I was taking mine how I would just die if someone got hold of it. Now if you would please stop your yapping, let us see what you said about the Amazing Harry Potter."

"Pansy please", Draco pleaded.

"I won't tell".

Draco scowled knowing there was really no way that he could get it from her. 

"You and Potter kissed? When? Did you really admit to having sexual feelings for him?"

"Well I couldn't lie".

"I know but that means you actually like him! You're gay and in love with the chosen one"!

Draco cringed at the word- gay. Gross. He couldn't. It was wrong. 

"No. I'm not."

"This quiz says otherwise."

"If you tell anyone what you read I will kill you."

"Promise-"

Her sentence was cut off by a clattering of stuff just after Draco'd bed. Madam Pomfrey ran out and scowled at the dark haired boy who just knocked over a table of medicine.

"Mr. Potter will you please be more careful". 

"Sure thing, sorry about that".

"Haaarry", Pansy sang shrilly.

Harry looked very uncomfortable.  Draco's stomach knotted.

"I- I could come back", He offered.

"That  won't be necessary, OH! Before I forget-" She laughed" Here. Read this I think you'll love it".

Draco tried in vain to grab it. He watched in horror as she handed him the quiz. 

Harry looked down and recognized the instruction sheet  on the front.

"Is this his?" Harry asked looking at Draco.

"Maaaybe".

"I can't read it. He's my partner." Harry handed the quiz to Draco.

"Thanks", Draco said dryly.

Harry flashed a charming smile"You're welcome".

Draco's stomach was filled with butterflies. He hated how Harry's smile made him feel.

"Goodbye Pansy",Draco snarled.

Harry and Draco watched as Pansy left.

"We should finish the project", Draco said calmly.

"But I thought-"

"I'm fine. MADAM POMFREY!", Draco yelled."I'M GOING OUT FOR A BIT".

Madam Pomfrey ran into the room.

"Alright hun, be careful. I want no accidents. None at all, you hear me. Mr. Potter, I assume you're going with him, make sure he's ok, and stays safe".

"That's not necessary-", Draco protested.

"Not another word Mr. Malfoy. Please take a blood replenishing potion before you leave, And Mr. Potter Please Keep him safe".

"It's ok Malfoy, I'll take good care of you", Harry teased. 

Madam Pomfrey nodded and walked away. Harry watched as Draco swallowed the potion and shudder. 

"How does it taste".

Draco frowned at him.

"Delicious".