Cumbersome

Sometimes when I'm floating it feels like My head's overflowing , And it's not too difficult to detach, But it's hard to come back- Chloe Moriondo (Spaceland)

"Harry!", Hermione called. "HARRY!" Hermione snapped her fingers in his face.

"What, yes, what", Harry replied awaking from his thoughts.

"Why are you upset"?

"I'm not".

"You are! You haven't been speaking, or eating, or sleeping since, well since Mal- Oh Harry, i'm sorry, I wasn't thinking".

"Well that's for sure and certain Hermione. Sorry".

"Harry, what's wrong? You can tell me. You do trust me, Right? You don't need to tell Ron, Just please let me help".

"Hermione honestly i'm fine".

"You're not fine. Please Harry, Why are you so terribly upset".

Honestly Harry didn't know why he was so upset. It's not like he and Draco were dating. The kisses didn't mean anything. There was no romance to cry about. Draco didn't like him and that's that. He knew that he must bury his feelings.

"Hermione, you won't be upset if I tell you"?

"No! Harry, of course not".

And so he told her. Every bit. Cringing at his memories. His heart cracked a little at the thought of his lips once being one with Draco's. He paused when he got to the part about the exchange of thoughts with out verbal connection.

"Harry that- that's amazing. You can basically reach his mind".

"Don't you get it Hermione? It doesn't matter! He doesn't like me. It's pointless."

"Harry you can be so dense sometimes. Not just anyone can speak through thoughts. You would need a strong emotional bond. You practically saved his life. You really think he doesn't like you?"

"Hermione I-"

"I'm headed to the library. I will research this mental connection. Please don't be upset. I do think he likes you. Pansy says- Never mind but, please do not worry much".

"Thanks 'Mione. I'll try not to".

She smiled and walked away leaving Harry to his ever growing thoughts.

********************

"Draco what have you done?"

"What ever do you mean Pansy"?

"He hasn't visited since- since you got here. What happened"?

"Pansy, you know well whats going on".

"Why, why are you pushing him away. Hermione says it takes a strong connection to talk through thoughts you know. That means the feelings are mutual, right"?

"Granger knows? Why are you even talking to her? She knows how I feel- About, him".

"You know very well that Hermione and I have been dating, and yes, she knows, get over it."

Draco frowned.

"Look i'm sorry. Buuut you should know, he came everyday and read you notes and stuff, before you yelled at him".

"He- he did?"

"Yes, he did. Now I must attend another potions class without you".

"Goodbye Pansy!"

"Farewell"!

Draco wouldn't- COULDN'T allow himself to believe Harry's 'feelings' for him. It simply wasn't possible.

Draco knew that no one could love him. It hurt but he knew it to be true. He'd been raised in a home where love and affection was rare. He was taught that 'love' is between a man and a women. He was told he was wrong from the moment he was born. He couldn't bear to believe that he was the embodiment of all the faults in the world. He couldn't love Harry. No matter how much he wanted to. He couldn't bear to hurt his already broken family more.

"Dr- Malfoy"?

Shaken from his troubles Draco turned to the voice.

"Potter, what is it that brings you here"?

"Completely academic", Harry said, "just an update on our potion. Slughorn has given us an extension. We cannot write an essay until one of us drinks the potion, which won't be finished until you are better again, but we can do the pre-potion quiz."

"The what"?

"Pre-potion quiz. It's basically a quiz about your partner and emotions, before you drink the potion, or witness the effects. I've already taken it. Here's yours."

Harry gave him the paper.

"I won't see your answers and you won't see mine. You also cannot lie. I found that out the hard way. They are supposed to be used as a resource for our essays".

"I'll get right on it".

"Good, now uh let me know when you're ready to drink the potion".

"Right".

"Bye".

"Bye".

Harry left and Draco took a look at the quiz. He groaned.

"What type of cheesy crap is this"?