The eye of the hurricane

Hours passed. Harry was force-feeding an old man. Draco was pacing around the room of requirement, dreading the moments to come. He lead a group through the castle. Silently they walked.

Harry whooshed back to the astronomy tower.  Pleading with Dumbledore to allow him to get Madam Pomfrey.

"No, Harry, Snape", He croaked.

Harry nodded but he was unsure. He left him alone. Below the main level of the tower Severus Snape lurked. Harry ran into him. Snape put a finger to his lips telling Harry to be quiet. Harry watched as Snape climbed to the level with Dumbledore. Harry had never seen so many people appear so quickly. Among them, Draco.

Harry watched from below as Draco raised his wand at Dumbledore. 

"You're no killer Draco", Harry heard Dumbledore say.

"You have no idea what I've done"!, Draco yelled choking back tears.

Harry heard others yell at Draco to kill him. Harry didn't know what to do. 

Draco, please, don't do this. Please.  Is this really what you want. You are not a killer. You're not a death eater. You are not your father. 

Draco froze. To everyone else he looked crazy.

Harry, I have nothing else. I have to do this.

You have me. I'm here, i'll always be here. Don't you dare think for a second I won't be. Even death couldn't stop me. 

Harry I-

Draco I love you. I have and I will, But this is a path you can't go down. At least not with me.

I love you too.

Draco lowered his wand. 

"NO".

This outraged the crowd. 

"Kill him"!

"TRAITOR". 

Murderous shouts erupted from the group. Snape shoved in front of Draco, raised his wand, and said

"Avada Kedavra". 

Harry watched in terror as the headmaster fell from the astronomy tower.

Unfortunately Draco knew something Harry didn't. He knew what he just sacrificed. 

Harry heard a nasty cackle from above. 

I love you Draco thought. It echoed through Harry's mind. 

Right then. In that moment it was silent. Two minds connected.  A single heartbeat could be heard. 

 "AVADA KEDAVRA"!

Death eaters all around disapperated. Leaving Harry to wonder who died.

He ran up to the top level. There on the floor, was the palest blond boy. Just a boy. Too young. 

Harry had seen death, but not like this. He cradled the head of the boy in his arms. He screamed. 

"no, No, NO".

Harry died that day. There was no soul left to love inside him. He survived, with no life left. He hugged the boy, as the world spun around them. The storm raged around them but he couldn't move. Can't he just stay here? In the eye. Or should he just die?

Draco watched. He watched as Harry hugged him. He saw the broken Harry, he saw himself, lifeless in Harry's lap. There was no sound. He walked over to Harry and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Harry jumped and looked behind him. Nothing. 

Draco leaned over and whispered in Harry's ear. 

"Let's go. It's not your turn yet. I'll wait. You have so much work to do".  

Harry heard, But he could not see. He stoop up. His mind was numb. 

"I have so much work to do". 

The End.