💮Go💮

💮third💮

Lunch break ended in an awkward silence between the three. After the third years, Koharu and Nishinoya walked inside the rooftop, Tsukishima's mood dropped. The atmosphere around him turned colder than usual, and it didn't take a genius to notice it. Even Hikaru could tell what was wrong.

Koharu and Nishinoya finished their time alone at the rooftop, and by then, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and Hikaru exited the place. The green haired boy exchanged looks between Tsukishima and his fidgeting fingers. He worried about his friend being so incredibly silent. But he never dared to ask, he's afraid that the boy would just get pissed even more.

"M-My class is this way. I'll see you guys later okay? Ja ne, Tsukki" Yamaguchi awkwardly said goodbye to the two.

"Sure" was the blonde's short reply. He didn't bother to look at his friend and just continued walking.

Hikaru on the other hand, "....ja ne Yama-chan..." she bowed and was about to run off to her master's side when Yamaguchi pulled her by the arm. She hummed, waiting for him to speak again.

Hikaru knew what Yamaguchi felt like when they were walking back together. The girl wasn't dense, she's quiet observant underneath her bangs and glasses. And again, any person would know what's going on after seeing that scene at the roof.

"Please talk to him, Hikaru. Tsukki may look like he's fine and he doesn't care but I know that he's having a hard time." pleaded the boy, sighing. Hikaru patted him on the shoulder, understanding how he must've felt. As a friend, he wouldn't dare to ask if it meant angering the blonde.

But Hikaru, having a simple deal with blonde, is still an outsider without any bonds or connections to the boy. Surely, she had more freedom to talk to him. "...I'll do my best Yama-chan...." she says before parting with the green haired boy.

Luckily, Tsukishima had been feeling shitty and didn't walk as fast as usual. Making it easier for Hikaru to catch up to him. "What did he say to you?" asked the blonde after he heard her soft footsteps behind him. Surprisingly, he knew that Yamaguchi held the girl back for a few seconds.

"....nothing much...."

Tsukishima's face crumpled, it still annoyed him that her voice sounded so soft that he could barely make out what she said. He wondered why her voice sounded loud and good when she sang at the music room. "What" she flinched a bit, hearing his tone of voice.

Hikaru sighed, "I said it's nothing goshujin" she repeated, quite thankful that her voice didn't break this time.

"Tsk" he clicked his tongue at her words. The two of them still have a long way back to their rooms and so the blonde decided to blast music in his headphones.

But just as he was putting it on, Hikaru spoke. The hallways were unexpectedly empty which amplified her meek voice  a bit. "....you like her don't you....?"

Tsukishima's eyes widened, her sudden question caught him off guard, but he quickly hid his flustered reaction. "The hell are you talking about, busu?" he spat out, trying to sound annoyed.

But the girl knew better than to let herself get fooled by his act. "...you like that white haired third year right...?" she asked again.

Tsukishima stayed quiet. Not wanting to prove the girl's point. He thought that if he ignored her, she would stop blabbering about nonsense. Only Yamaguchi knew about his hidden feelings for the girl. He hid it perfectly, knowing that he stood no chance against his respected senpai, Nishinoya.

Tsukishima only had a simple interest for the girl, he just wanted to know her but seeing her personalities and sides during practice, made him realize that he likes the girl. She was quirky, noisy and stood out because of her height. She's smart, and very pretty but at the same time, she was still kind. He liked that about her.

"....Even if you won't say anything, I'll still continue talking to you goshujin.." he was snapped back to reality when the girl spoke beside him. She faced him, her brown eyes meeting his.

"Stop talking. You don't know what you're saying busu" he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Wanting the girl to just shut her trap and leave him be. He didn't want anyone poking into his business. Even Yamaguchi couldn't squeeze answers from him, let alone this nobody he took in as a servant.

But Hikaru wasn't stopping, "....is the guy with him her boyfriend?.." Tsukishima flinched at her question and stopped walking. Hikaru did the same and faced her master, their eyes meeting again.

Tsukishima has his brows furrowed even more, feeling angry that this girl is really pushing him off the edge. "So what if he is? Are you pitying me? If that's so then I don't need—"

"...I don't." she interrupted. "... I was just wondering, why you never confessed?"

The blonde got surprised with the unexpected answer from the girl. She wasn't looking down on him? "As if I had a chance" he scoffed at her question.

But her eyes had this peircing gaze that made Tsukishima uncomfortable, she wasn't getting fazed even when he glared at her. "....you haven't tried, how would you know you have no chance?.." Hikaru stated, giving off an aura that somehow resembled Hinata's whenever he got serious.

Why is she like this? Why does she even care? "Noya-san is a great guy. I can't even compare. He's kind, very outgoing and Haru-senpai is happier when she's with him" Tsukishima sighed. Inside his head, he asked himself why was he saying these kind of things to someone like her. She's not even that close to him. They've only known each other for like 3 days.

"...Oh yeah you can't compare. You're not kind at all...." Hikaru suddenly teased, giving him an oblivious look.

Tsukishima just rolled his eyes, "What the hell. Now you're insulting me." he couldn't help but laugh a bit at how the mood instantly changed when she joked. Well, it wasn't really a joke. "Just so you know, Servants don't go saying shit about their masters" he even added as they started walking again side by side.

"...okay..."

"I hate you"

"... okay..."

"The hell's with that answer?"

Well, maybe that was the reason why he could easily admit things. They weren't friends. They were just more than strangers. But somehow, he found it easy to talk to her. Was it because she's a straightforward person like him too? All that he knows is that his heart didn't feel as heavy as before.

Telling her these simple things, and getting unexpected answers got him feeling better.

A part of him believed that this girl can be someone he could trust.

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r