💮Juu-hachi💮

💮third💮

"Oi busu, are you even listening?" Kei snapped at the girl in front of him, staring into practically nothing.

Hikaru gave the blonde a brief look before nodding, "...yes... continue what you're saying goshujin..." it was the same answer she used to say whenever they spoke, but it weirded him out. There is something

Kei knew that behind her uncaring faces and expression, she's been listening earnestly although for some reason, the blonde noticed something different. He can't quite put it but Kei hated how she is right now. She was even more annoying and irritating.

After enduring the defeaning silence as they eat,the pair headed back to their room and proceeded with their class for the rest of the day. As they walked side by side, her silence made him uncomfortable. "Oi busu, did something happen? You're unusually quiet, and it's giving me the creeps" Kei asked, not forgetting to add his usual snappy comments as an attempt to see her scoff or chuckle lightly.

Hikaru looked at him and stayed silent for 10 seconds, getting a good look on the blonde's face. The ravenette flinched feeling her heart ache again, showing a pained expression to the boy briefly as it immediately returned to her deadpan face. "...nothing happened goshujin..."

Kei wanted to ask more, "Are you s-"

However, Hikaru would always render him unable to question her any further. She would constantly cut him off with unrelated topics or will leave the room saying that she's off to buy something. The ravenette cut him off with a simple shrug and held the ends of his sleeves, "...we'll be late for practice goshujin. Let's go..." she simply said and pulled him with her.

The blonde furrowed his brows, seeing the way his servant held him. Her fingers are barely touching the fabric and it pissed him off. "Tsk" Kei clicked his tongue and grabbed the girl, enveloping her small hands inside his and walked ahead.

Hikaru stared at their hands connected, exchanging looks between him and how he held her, pain flashed inside those brown orbs of her. However, it immediately vanished and let herself be carried away. She doesn't need these feelings anymore. It will only make matters worse.

These past week, Hikaru decided to just go back to her usual self. To go back to the time where these feelings she had for the boy is nowhere to be found. These budding feelings for him is surely troublesome. It didn't help that her sister is constantly texting and calling her, threatening to leave her if she ever do something stupid. Hikaru could only scoff. She had always believed that her sister is better than what she thought, but now she's proving Hikaru to be wrong.

It clearly wasn't easy to keep this act up. It clearly wasn't good to bottle up everything inside but for Hikaru, it is better to do so than to feel helpless trying to solve her problems. She'd rather hide away than to face it. Help wasn't necessary. After all, she always believed that she's better off in the shadows.

That she's better off unseen.

"Oh! Hikaru-san, yo!" Tanaka greeted the ravenette as soon as they arrived at the clubroom. Usually, a very flustered Hikaru would stammer to greet him back.

Instead, Hikaru bowed rather relaxed and greeted him with a normal, "Konnichiwa, Tanaka-san. I'll go and change first if you don't mind" Hikaru added before heading up the stairs and entered the clubroom.

After watching the small figure of Hikaru, Tanaka, Kageyama and Hinata had their faces shoved in front of the blonde. Their brows furrowed in confusion, a suspecting look in their eyes.

The trio simultaneously asked, "What did you do to Hikaru-san?"

Tsukishima glared at each of them, "It's not me, you idiots." he rolled his eyes "Well, except Tanaka-san." he shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets, leaning on the wall behind him. "I don't understand that ugly girl, she's fine last week" the blonde mumbled to himself, thinking what possibly happened.