💮Nii-juu-kyu💮

💮third💮

Tadashi prepared for this day more than anything else, more than his exams. He fixed his dark green hair, sprayed on perfume and even bought a small bouquet of flowers for Hikaru. Today's the day he's finally gathering the courage to do this. Gripping the thornless stems of roses in his hand, he waited anxiously for the ravenette's arrival.

He played with the petals of the flowers absent mindedly, still thinking hard about what he planned to say.

Before long, Hikaru arrived panting as she searched for him. "..I'm here Yama-chan—Tadashi" says the female, mouthing a wow seeing how he had changed his hairstyle and is even holding a bouquet of roses in hand.

Tadashi turned around immediately facing the girl, seeing her black hair scattered on her face probably from running hurriedly. The green-haired boy grinned, "Hikka, konnichiwa" he greeted and took three steps closer to her. 

"...what is it that you wanted to say..?" Hikaru asked, eyes looking at the flowers, confused why he had them. The boy took another step closer until they're just a feet apart, his masculine scent entering Hikaru's nose. 

The ravenette found the smell quite alluring, but she didn't like it. She preferred the mild lemon scent her master had, and upon remembering his smell, the scene where their faces were an inch apart flashed through Hikaru's mind. Making the female blush furiously, "Hikka?" Tadashi called out, snapping her out of her daydream. 

"...U-Uh yes..?" she awkwardly replied, suddenly embarrassed having her friend see that expression of hers.

Breathing out, Yamaguchi gathered all of his courage to blurt out the words, "Izayoi Hikaru, I like you, Please go out with me!" the boy bowed, his hands put forth the bouquet of roses to the ravenette, who looked at him confused. 

Hikaru laughed slowly while accepting the flowers, "You like me? Go out? Why are you saying these things all of a sudden, Tadashi?" she questioned, weirded out by the fact that their friend is suddenly confessing his love to her. "Don't tell me this is what you called me out for?" Hikaru added as the boy lifted his head.

Yamaguchi nodded, pursing his lips. "So what's your answer?"

Sighing, Hikaru shook her head and gave him back the bouquet she just received. "No. I'm sorry Yama-chan. I can't accept these nor your feelings" Hikaru felt guilty knowing that it takes a lot of courage to say all of these, in fact, she admired that Yamaguchi was able to tell his feelings. But it such a shame that Hikaru's heart already belonged to someone else, and Hikaru isn't planning to use Yamaguchi just to get over him. 

The boy met her gaze, "Why?" he asked. 

I see you as a friend, a very important friend. But I can't see myself being with you. I don't want to hurt you but I also don't want to give you false hopes Yama-chan" Hikaru spoke, feeling sorry for her friend. "And I also have someone else I like" she added wanting to be honest, to repay his courage to confess. 

All of a sudden, Yamaguchi bursted out laughing a big grin on his face, a completely different reaction for someone who just got rejected. "Sorry Hikaru hahahaha, I just feel really happy hearing you reject me!" he even blurted as he held his stomach, dropping the flowers on the ground. 

Hikaru's lips parted in utter confusion of the boy's actions, "Yama-chan, what are you saying?" she questioned, wanting to clarify everything. 

Before long, Yamaguchi finally stopped laughing and just grinned at her widely. "Thank you for rejecting me Hikaru," he paused, "Now I finally confirmed that you really like Tsukki" Yamaguchi said, putting a hand on Hikaru's head.