three

[m/n] laid on the ground completely out of breath, he hasn't done so much physical activity in years

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

[m/n] laid on the ground completely out of breath, he hasn't done so much physical activity in years. he had just finished many, many things daichi wanted to test him on. surprisingly, daichi told him he was pretty good.

"on second thought, i don't even like volleyball..imma just go now."

daichi rolled his eyes, "you did great! come on, don't be so dramatic." the captain watched as [m/n] laid on the floor unmoving, "how about i give you a form, you fill it out and i'll talk to coach this afternoon...come to practice."

[m/n] shot up from the floor, "really?!" after noticing his own excitement, [m/n] cleared his throat, "i mean, sure, i'll come."

"i'm not saying it's for sure you're going to be on the team, i mean, there's always other alternatives like manager or—"

"i know," [m/n] interrupted with a nod, "thank you."

[m/n] received the ball easily, sending it back over the net. tanaka said a quick 'nice receive' to him before his face went back to a serious look.

after talking to the coach, he agreed on letting [m/n] join a practice game. he tried to ignore the excessive stares he was getting from his brother but it was harder now that they were playing against each other.

[m/n] was tired, he didn't know how someone can move around this much, but he didn't let that stop him from doing his best. it wasn't until both suzuki brothers were in front of each other that everyone felt the oblivious tension, the only thing separating it was the net.

it all happened very quickly, but next thing you know [m/n] is diving to the right to avoid getting hit in the face by the volleyball. the volleyball smacked the floor with a loud sound. once the coach blew the whistle, daichi ran from the other side of the court to help [m/n] up—who was currently looking at his brother in shock.

rei looked a little guilty, but played it off as unbothered. [m/n] quickly turned to his temporary teammates and bowed, "in sorry, if i hadn't got scared we probably would've won."

"it's fine!" tanaka said with a smile, throwing his arm around his shoulder, "rei, you could've hurt [m/n], it's his first time playing...totally not cool."

nishinoya nodded in agreement, making rei scoff and dismiss himself to the locker room. daichi looked to [m/n] and motioned to follow his brother—which, after a couple seconds, he complied and trudged to the locker room as well.

[m/n] moved to sit next to his brother on the floor, leaning against the wall. "why are you so angry with me?"

"i'm not."

"you tried hitting me with the volleyball, you were looking right at me..."

rei sighed, "this was my place, no thoughts about mom, school, not even work! it was my time to get away from everything, then you show up and it's like i'm being held down by everything!" rei was now standing, looking down at his brother who avoided eye contact—letting everything sink in.

"you said you didn't like volleyball, that it was too much work. so i thought 'hey, this is my chance to get away from everything' but now you're here! it's like you don't want me to have any alone time!" he exclaimed.

[m/n] pursed his lips, "i asked if you wanted me to get a job, you said no."

"i just wanted to be like you, but if you felt like i was holding you back you should've said something..." he mumbled, getting up from his spot on the ground and leaving the room, ignoring his brothers calls.

when he walked out he was met with the soft eyes of the volleyball club, it was obvious they heard it all—i mean who wouldn't, rei was practically yelling. gosh, this was so embarrassing.

"thank you for the opportunity, but i think i'll just stick to my studies...volleyball isn't my thing anyways..." he quickly excused himself from the gym, giving one last thanks to daichi before dashing out.

it was already pretty late, but [m/n] decided to just go sit in the park by his home. if his brother was really so stressed about everything why wouldn't he let [m/n] get a job himself and help out with everything.

[m/n] wasn't a child, he could take care of himself if he wanted to. the didn't go back home until it was completely dark, since he was at the park just down the street it was easy to find his way home on his own this time.

he completely ignored his brother who sat at the kitchen table, seemingly waiting for [m/n] and went straight to his room, slamming the door loudly(he wanted his brother to know he was upset and didn't want to talk).

rei seemed to understand, instead, knocking and leaving a plate of food outside the door.

"at least eat, don't waste food."