twelve

the shrill sound of the whistle was deafening in m/n's ears, not only did it mean the game was over, it meant they lost

m/n slowly sat up from his laying position on the ground, looking at his hand. if only he had practiced more, maybe if he wasn't so focused on throwing fits and being angry he could've been with the rest of the team at training camp.

hell, the coach even took rei out just so m/n could go in and he hadn't made the best of it. the second year flinched when a hand landed on his shoulder, looking up he met eyes with yamaguchi, who was gently trying to pull him up.

the olive haired male offered a small smile when m/n let him help him from the ground. "let's go line up."

m/n nodded silently and let yamaguchi pull him towards the rest of the team, only dropping their hands when they lined up.

m/n shook the hand of another aobajoshai player, immediately running to find ennoshita when they let go.

when the second year saw m/n he instantly threw an arm around his shoulder, and pulling him into his side. "he's going to be mad at me.." m/n whispered, wrapping his arms around ennoshita's waist. "he probably could've received it, but he wasn't in the game 'cause of me."

ennoshita frowned, looking around to try and spot rei but shook his head when he couldn't find him, "i don't think he'll be mad, you scored us some points! you'll get better over time, okay?"

m/n shook his head, "i don't want to go home."

in all honesty, m/n was scared to go home alone with rei, he didn't want to see the look of disappointment his older brother might give him. despite the two suzuki brothers being on good terms, he was still unsure of how rei would react to their loss—especially since rei was subbed out with m/n.

"rei isn't going to be mad at you, m/n." ennoshita tried to reassure him, but by the way m/n tightened his grip on the male showed it was no use. so he just silently walked them towards the rest of the team.

"you did good, m/n, it was only your second game after all."

oikawa :P
hi m/n!!!! are we still going on our date???

oikawa :P
iwa and i are going to take you somewhere extra cool :D

oikawa :P
m/n??

m/n sighed, throwing his phone off to the side and snuggling closer to his blanket. he just wanted to sleep, he stayed up all night on the phone with hinata, the sunshine needed help with some studying and had nobody else to call who was awake.

at first, m/n was going to ignore the text but then he felt bad when the first year had sent a sad face after he didn't respond the first time.