ten

"m/n," a soft voice called out, shaking him softly, "wake up, we're here

"m/n," a soft voice called out, shaking him softly, "wake up, we're here."

the second year groaned, pushing whoever was there away, "no..".

however, the person didn't stop, so m/n's eyes shot open in annoyance, only softening when he noticed it was the third year setter. m/n looked outside the bus window and noticed they arrived at their destination.

it's been a while since m/n last contacted the two males from aobajoshai, not on purpose of course! with the tournament coming up m/n had to focus on practicing, seeing as his skill isn't as good as the rest of the team. he wasn't bad, but he wasn't hinata and kageyama great either.

he had talked to the coach privately and they had agreed we upon m/n sitting out and watching everyone play for the first game—as this is his first game and he hasn't practiced as much as the others. he was only going to be put in if they really needed it.

besides, this was a good opportunity to watch the other teams (his own as well of course) and see their different moves and such.

m/n bumped into someone, not really looking where he was walking due to being so deep in thoughts. when m/n noticed who it was he gave a small, apologetic smile, "sorry, yams.."

m/n didn't mean for the nickname to come out, but he had no interest on correcting himself as he was sure the first year probably wouldn't mind.

"i-it's okay!"

m/n took note of the way some of the people stared at the team as they walked through the hall. but when someone was making comments about asahi he couldn't help but snicker, noticing the look of defeat the third year had.

"all i wanted to do was look a little wild on the outside, that's all!"

sugawara deadpanned, "nobody wild would go around saying that."

m/n put a hand on asahi's bicep, giving him a reassuring squeeze, "don't worry asahi, i think you look good..." he said quietly, before turning to look at daichi. "um, would you mind if i went to the bathroom, daichi? i promise i won't take long."

daichi smiled with a nod, "go ahead, just...try not to get lost, okay?"

"i won't."

with that, m/n started walking around, stumbling a bit when he rounded a corner. he was still extremely tired, having stayed up extremely late the night before out of excitement.

surprisingly, m/n has never seen rei play an actual game before, mainly because rei had never invited him to a game.

"wait...where am i?"

that's how m/n found himself curled up outside of the restroom—which one? he doesn't even know. m/n wrapped his arms around his legs, letting his head fall in disappointment, "i knew i should've asked yams to come with me..." he mumbled, reaching up to tug on his hair.

"you guys need to stop picking fights with other teams! do you—hey, where are you going?"

m/n's head snapped up when he felt a light tap on his leg, meeting eyes with an extremely tall player. he noticed the male was from date tech.

he tilted his head, maintaining eye contact with the karasuno player.

"um, i-i'm lost." he whispered in embarrassment, standing up from the floor slowly.

"you're...lost?" another voice spoke up, "how did you manage to do that?"

m/n's cheeks flushed red, "i-i don't know!"

the white haired male pointed at the words on the corner of his jersey, making m/n look down at it. "huh? oh yeah, uh, i'm a second year at karasuno..."

the male turned to his teammates before grabbing m/n and guiding him in the opposite direction, "oh, you'll take me? are you sure?"

he only nodded and started walking, leaving m/n to jog to catch up with him. m/n had even grabbed the end of the players jersey to ensure he wouldn't be left behind. "i'm m/n."

the taller male glanced down at m/n, "aone."

m/n offered a soft smile, following aone closely as they turned corners. it wasn't long until m/n heard the worried voices of his teammates, who haven't left the spot from before—when they should've been in the gym already. and m/n felt guilty.

"ah! m/n has been captured by no eyebrows!" hinata screamed, getting the attention of the rest of the team. "kageyama save him!"

kageyama was shoved forward by the short male, the taller turning around the shove him back.

"i-i got lost..." m/n stuttered out, making the two stop fighting to look at him.

"i told you to not get lost, m/n." daichi chuckled, walking towards the ginger, "rei was worried, and tsukishima went out to look for you but said he couldn't find you."

m/n shot an apology smile to the blond male, "sorry, tsukishima." said male only shrugged.

"ah, thank you aone." m/n said, letting go of the date tech player, "i'll see you around maybe?"

aone nodded before taking his leave.

once he was out of sight hinata bounced towards him, "was he super scary? i totally thought you were captured! did you—"

hinata was cut off by kageyama hitting him over the head, leading to another fight. but at least it gave m/n the chance to slip away towards tsukishima and yamaguchi, silently grabbing yamaguchi's hand and following them towards the gym.

the first year blushed profusely, even though he knew it was probably only because m/n didn't want to get lost. tsukishima eyed his friends blush, before shaking his head with a smirk.

"wah! i want to hold m/n's hand!" hinata yelled, only to be hit once again.

"shut up, you idiot!"

NOTE .

this was just a quick chapter, sorry if it's not the best but i'll probably post another chapter tmrw or later to make up for this :P