sixteen

"looks like your boyfriend is here

"looks like your boyfriend is here." tsukishima smirked, seeing iwaizumi sitting at m/n's porch as they passed by it. yamaguchi looked at m/n in confusion, m/n just waving him off and pointing to tsukishima—it was a sign for tsukishima to tell yamaguchi when they left.

m/n was glad rei decided to go over to daichi's after practice, he wouldn't be too happy seeing iwaizumi on their porch. the weird thing was that he was alone, oikawa wasn't in sight at all.

"iwaizumi?" he called out softly, his hands gripping the straps of his backpack nervously. why was he here? has he finally caught on that m/n was attracted to him and oikawa? was he here to beat him for trying to steal his boyfriend?

"hey," he said with a smile, getting up and walking towards him, "sorry for not texting before i came."

"it's okay..why are you here?" he asked hesitantly, getting ready to apologize for whatever he did.

"a date...do you want to go on a date with me?"

all of m/n's pre-thought apologies and excuses flew out of his brain and he froze. a date? he came to ask him on a date? no, it couldn't be.

m/n looked behind him, earning a chuckle from the third year. "you, m/n, i'm asking you." he flicked a strand of m/n's hair out of his face with a kind smile.

"i thought oikawa was your boyfriend?"

iwaizumi nodded, "he is."

"y-you want me to help you cheat on him?"

"yeah, something like that."

m/n looked at iwaizumi in horror, shaking his head, "no! i won't do that to oikawa! you shouldn't either...he's going to be really hurt and—"

"m/n, i was kidding. oikawa knows i'm here to ask you on a date." iwaizumi said in amusement, pulling out his phone to show m/n their texts.

"w-why would he let you do that?"

"because he likes you, and so do i." iwaizumi finally admitted, getting tired of the way m/n was being so oblivious. "so...are we going on that date?"

m/n sat at least three feet away from iwaizumi on the bench, glancing at him every now and then. iwaizumi had taken m/n to the movies, after taking him to the small burger place across the street afterwards.

oikawa and iwaizumi both liked m/n and m/n would be lying if he said he didn't feel happy to hear that. it was like a weight lifting off his shoulders and he didn't even know why.

perhaps...he liked them as well?

he wasn't repulsed by the idea of being in a relationship with the two males. they were kind to him, they took him seriously and didn't push him to do things he didn't want to—even if it was just a hug.