four

once again, [m/n] was lost

once again, [m/n] was lost. he couldn't help it, he was thinking about the events that happened merely an hour ago and thinking plus walking around upset is a very bad combo.

he and his brother had a fight, again. [m/n] just didn't understand why rei was being like this. he's always been cold towards him but ever since he took interest in joining the volleyball team rei became even colder.

but what really threw him off was the fact rei acted like everything was okay as if he didn't yell at [m/n].

m/n was knocked out of his thoughts—literally, he groaned, looking over to see a volleyball rolling away from him. "why the fuck do i keep getting hit with volleyballs?" m/n mumbled, rubbing his temple as he muttered various curse words under his breath.

"look what you did, shittykawa." a bored voice spoke, looking down at m/n.

m/n made a face as the two males in front of him continued to argue, not sparing a glance at him. rolling his eyes, he pushed himself up, walking towards the forgotten volleyball and picking it up.

he looked between the two males and the volleyball a couple times before shrugging, tossing it in the air and slamming it towards them, letting gravity do it's part and pick who it wanted to hit.

"ow! that hurt!" the brunette pouted, rubbing his head, "how could you!"

m/n scoffed, "you hit me first asshole!"

"that is true, oikawa." the other male pointed out, a smirk on his face—almost as if he finds it amusing that his friend got hit.

oikawa, i think i've heard rei mention him once or twice.

m/n's eyes flicked between the two, "i'm m/n suzuki." he mumbled, walking closer to them. "you guys are from aobajohsai, right?"

"yes, and what is it to you?" the unknown male asked, scanning m/n from head to toe suspiciously.

"just asking," he mumbled, looking around a bit before deciding to lay on the grass. it wasn't long before he felt a presence on either side of him.

"iwaizumi. he's oikawa." it was blunt and sharp, and they didn't speak after that. which was weird since rei had mentioned oikawa was quite a talker.

"you have a pretty good serve, m/n." oikawa spoke, "do you play?"

m/n rolled his eyes, "nope."

"and why not?"

"you're nosy," m/n hummed, "my brother got upset, i don't want to interfere with his sports..it's not like a really like it anyways."

"and—"

"shut up, oikawa."

m/n stifled a laugh at iwaizumi's blunt statement, but it seemed to do the job as oikawa stopped talking—but m/n didn't miss the way oikawa mocked him silently, a dumb look on his face as he did.

"rei says you're annoying but i'm not seeing it." m/n hummed, closing his eyes. iwaizumi laughed, whereas oikawa let out an offended gasp.

"i can't believe this, rei is such an asshole!"

"only i can call him an asshole, asshole," m/n muttered, "but you're right, he kinda is."

"you shouldn't talk bad about your brother you know.." iwaizumi spoke, grabbing the volleyball and tossing it in the air.

"so what, he's the one being weird."

"i'm sure he has a reason, have you talked to him?"

"well—hey, why am i even telling you this, we're not even friends." m/n sat up quickly, he doesn't even know why he was being so open right now. "you know what, i don't care."

"you sure are an interesting person, m/n." oikawa said with a smile, sitting up as well.

"i need to get home," m/n mumbled, looking at the bright stars. he started walking but then stopped, turning in a circle. he sighed, looking to the two males who sat on the floor with amused smiles.

he cleared his throat, "do you guys happen to know where karasuno is from here?" he figured if he found the school he can try and find his way home easier—despite getting lost last time as well.

the two looked at eachother before standing and motioning for him to follow, "you seem like a good kid, m/n." iwaizumi mumbled, shoving his hands in pockets, "there's a first year on our team, i think you'd make good friends."

m/n scoffed, "i would get my ass kicked for even being around you guys, like hell i'd make a friend from an opposing school.

"you'd get your ass kicked by who?" oikawa asked, a smirk on his face.

"who knows who else, but most definitely my brother."

"re—"

iwaizumi cut off his teammate, "here we are, karasuno. you know your way from here?"

m/n shook his head and looked around, "nope, but i'll find it," he started walking down a familiar sidewalk, "uh, thanks."

with one finally wave, m/n started walking once again, hoping he wouldn't have to converse with his brother—call him immature, but he has his reasons.