fourteen

"not that it's a bad thing but

"not that it's a bad thing but...doesn't m/n seem to be in a really good mood today?" sugawara asked the third years, setting his hands on his hips.

the third years turned to look at m/n, who just successfully spiked a ball, cheering along with hinata when he did (it didn't seem like a big deal but m/n is never really this vocal about anything)

rei rose a brow at his brother, "you're right...."

daichi pat the setter on the shoulder, "i'm sure he just had a good day yesterday, i mean, rei wasn't there to bother him."

daichi ducked under rei's punch, stepping slightly behind asahi. "am i lying though?"

rei rolled his eyes, "whatever."

their conversation was cut short by takeda falling in the gym, a piece of paper clutched in his hand. the team—and coach ukai—gathered around the male as he explained to them about the practice matches in tokyo.

to say the team was excited would be an understatement—even m/n got excited at the sight of everyone being happy.

after thanking takeda, hinata jumped towards m/n, clutching his arm, "m/n! i can introduce you to my friend kenma!"

"uh, i—"

"and then we could—"

tanaka threw an arm over hinata, silencing him, "calm down hinata, you're scaring him."

m/n gave tanaka a thankful smile. his attention went to his bag when he heard his phone, his eyes visibly lit up when he saw the caller, excusing himself before answering.

"yeah, something is definitely up." rei muttered, walking to follow m/n. daichi grabbed his arm, stopping him from eavesdropping on m/n's conversation.

"you don't really have the right eavesdrop."

rei shrugged the captains arm off, "he's my brother."

"you can barely call yourself one." tsukishima quipped as he passed by, yamaguchi following closely behind him.

"what the hell did you say?!"

tsukishima merely ignored him and grabbed m/n's bag as he continued towards the exit, daichi and asahi pulling rei back.

"woah, what am i missing here?" m/n asked, bumping into tsukishima as he entered the gym.

when nobody answered, m/n looked to tsukishima—he could always trust the tall male to speak the truth no matter what. he rolled his eyes and passed m/n his bag, "your brother tried to eavesdrop on your conversation, let's go."

m/n shot a small glare to his brother, "why are you interested in my private conversations?"

"i'm just being cautious." rei defended.

"whatever...it doesn't even matter, it was just iwaizumi. i'll be going now, you heard tsukki." m/n said softly, pointing outside the gym.

"you have a crush on them, don't you?" tsukishima's bored voice rang throughout the quiet room. "if not, i'm sorry for assuming."

m/n looked up from his notes, half-shocked. tsukishima was smart, so if anyone were to find out, then the first one would obviously be tsukishima. "uh, y-yeah i do....is that okay?" he asked softly, biting the inside of cheek nervously.

"and why wouldn't it be?" tsukishima dragged out, pushing up his glasses as he skimmed through his book.

"b-because it's a guy—well, guys..."

sighing, tsukishima threw his book to the side, "who cares if it's a guy, who cares if it's two. all that matters is what you think."

"thats....that's the sappiest shit you've ever said to me...but it means a lot." m/n said, a small smile on his face. "do you think yamaguchi will be okay with...me?"

"are you stupid?"

m/n thought about it, yamaguchi is one of the most kindest people he's ever met, of course he wouldn't judge m/n for something he can't help. "i guess i am." he smiled.

"does your brother know?"

tsukishima looked genuinely interested now, sitting crossed legged on his bed.

m/n flushed, "ah, kinda...i was searching...things and he saw. he doesn't know about it being oikawa and iwaizumi though."

"what were you searching? porn?" he smirked, sending m/n a teasing glance.

"n-no! i was just checking...if three people could date...that's all."

tsukishima sighed, "are you staying over?"

"u-um, i can leave, the walk is that far." m/n mumbled, getting ready to leave.

"just stay, but in return you have to help me with those two idiots tomorrow."

m/n chuckled, remembering how kageyama and hinata asked tsukishima for help with studying.

tsukishima pulled out a floor mat from his closet, and threw it at m/n, moving to grab a pillow and blanket aswell. "here."

"thanks tsukishima."

"whatever."

NOTE .

it was my moms weekend to have me and she was so pissed that i was on my phone and took it yesterday...i got it back this afternoon because my dad tried to call and see if i was okay and got worried lmao.

besides my crappy weekend, enjoy this filler chapter..i really just want to get to the training camp so m/n can meet the boys so i might just skip right to it for next chapter 👀👀