thirteen

👀

"for the last time, rei, no i'm not dating anyone

"for the last time, rei, no i'm not dating anyone." m/n muttered, failing to receive his brothers toss. "you said i can go to you when i'm ready, so why are you asking?"

"lower your hips a bit," rei instructed as he grabbed another ball from the ground, "and i know but this is just really exciting! you have a crush on someone—ah some two? people? how do i put it?"

m/n flushed looking around to see if anyone else in the gym heard his brother, but luckily they didn't as they were to busy practicing their own things. "shut up!" the younger male hissed.

"oh right! sorry!" he whisper yelled, tossing the ball up and hitting it towards m/n, who managed to get it back up in the air. "good job. keep doing it like that."

m/n nodded and did as told, he managed to receive almost half of his brothers serves, the rest flying around the gym.

"you're getting better, just keep practicing! maybe you can ask nishinoya for help too, he knows more about receiving than me." rei said when they were done, patting his brother on the back.

m/n saw tsukishima and yamaguchi waiting for him by the door so he turned to his brother, "i'm going to walk home with tsukki and yams, do you want to join?"

rei shook his head, "i'm actually going over to daichi's for the night, so you'll be alone, are you going to be okay?"

m/n nodded, "i'll be fine, have fun i guess?"

"you too—actually no," he corrected himself with squinted eyes, "i don't want any boys ov-"
m/n slapped a hand over his brothers mouth.

"d-don't day such things! you're embarrassing, i already told you i don't like anyone, i was just curious okay?"

rei pulled off his brothers hand, "precautions~" he said before pushing his brother towards his friends, "hurry and go."

"right."

yamaguchi smiled when m/n slumped against him, patting the second years head, hoping to give some sort of comfort. "what's wrong?"

"rei is just being....weird and nosey." m/n sighed, hooking his arm with yamaguchi.

tsukishima rose a brow, "so you mean he's acting like a brother?"

m/n perked up a bit, "huh, i guess he is.."

m/n bit his lip nervously, glancing between his front door and his phone every now and then. he'd thought over oikawa and iwaizumi's...outing idea and told them he'd go.

so, now, there he was, beyond nervous and he didn't even know why! what was there to be so nervous about? he's hung out with the two males before, so why should he be nervous?

was it because of what he was researching that day? oh gosh, even thinking about it reminded him of his brother finding out about him, getting embarrassed all over again.