halloween special

ooc kageyama!!!
this does not affect the real story whatsoever (i'm sure you guys knew this though).

m/n suzuki hated halloween, always has and always will

m/n suzuki hated halloween, always has and always will. he found it absolutely disgusting and offensive the way they portrayed certain supernatural creatures, more specifically how they dressed up as vampires—since he, himself was one.

and if he could, he would've argued that's not how vampires presented themselves. they didn't walk around in a cape, and their fangs were prominent unless you really looked. sure, they were pretty pale, but not to the point where it looked like they slapped a tube of paint on every morning.

and they definitely did not go out with blood on their face—it's horrible etiquette for goodness sake! they looked completely normal, like anyone else. they could control their bloodlust unlike their earlier generations.

they could eat human food to hold off until they've returned home, vampires(or any supernatural creature really)could be everywhere and anywhere, blending in just like the rest.

so when his volleyball team came to his and his—very human—brothers home asking if they'd go trick or treating with them, he was a tad upset. he was quite annoyed to see kageyama dressed as a vampire—a very stereotypical vampire.

it honestly took everything in him to not yell 'no' and slam the door immediately on the first year after seeing his costume, but luckily for them rei held the door open.

"we'd love to come." rei said with a smile, patting his brothers head.

m/n glared at kageyama then his brother, "i would not. take rei and get the hell out of here." m/n stalked off angrily, but he didn't get very far before his brother grabbed the back of his shirt and tugged him towards the door.

"he's kidding, we'd love to come. can you give us a couple minutes to change?"

"take your time." sugawara dismissed with a sweet smile.

rei nodded once before closing the door, rushing to his room to put on a random costume. m/n didn't even bother and threw himself on the couch, he knew rei was going to force him to go out but it didn't mean he had succumb to their ways and dress up in ridiculous costumes.

rei hurried out of his room and pulled m/n up, dragging him out the door. rei smiled brightly, looking extremely proud of his last minute mummy costume and throwing an arm around daichi.

m/n simply rolled his eyes at his childish brother and fell into line with kageyama—unfortunately—who decided to stay in the back with him. the rest of the team laughed and skipped ahead of them.

"you didn't dress up?" kageyama asked, also taking notice of m/n's lack of halloween basket.

"i'm a vampire." m/n said boredly, not bothering to look at the first year next to him.