Chapter 6: I-I'm Sorry What?

(Azriel's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining thru my new bedroom window of the Winchesters bunker. I sighed and groaned as I sat up and rubbed my face tiredly...at least I'm not having as many nightmares as I thought...I mean I've on this earth for 5 months, they've seemed to calm down some but I know they'll come back...they always do...

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I hopped out of bed stretching and yawning. The beds here are way comfier and cleaner than any motel room I've ever stayed in. I let out a long sigh and put my hair in a messy bun.

I still am not used or trusting the guys yet so I don't want them to see what I really look like. I looked seeing I was just wearing a buttoned up flannel. I hopped out of those and into black ripped jeans with another hoodie that definitely wasn't my side but it hid my body.

I put on the hood and kept off the shades since the boys only see my eye, I stilled grabbed my mask tho because I once again don't really trust the boys and I hate myself so why should I show myself to them?

I looked in the mirror seeing I was hidden which made me sigh as I looked seeing it was only 7am, I groaned and rolled my eyes as I headed out of my room hearing nothing but silence. I headed to the kitchen and started to brew some coffee.

I heard footsteps behind me which made me roll me my eyes knowing it was Sam cause well...I'm not only dumb but am I mind reader so I could tell "Hey, I thought I told you not to use your hands" He said sternly. I turned and glared at him 'I'm sorry, last time I checked you weren't my father' I stated sassily.

Sam looked confused at me for a moment then rolled his eyes "Well do you want your hands to heal or not?" he asked sassing me. I just smirked and rolled my eyes 'Then will you make some coffee?' I asked, he nodded and started to make some coffee,

I sighed as I sat at the kitchen table and waited 'Why are you wearing that?" he asked, I glared at him 'Why do you care about what I wear?' I asked, his eyes widen "I-I don't but you don't have to hide from us" he stated, I scoffed and leaned back in the chair and crossed my arms 'Welp too bad. I don't really trust you guys and well I really hate myself so why bother?' I stated,

Sam gave me his little 'concerned' puppy dog look. I pointed my finger at him 'don't you fucking give me that look' I said, his eyes widen as he put his hands up. I smirked and rolled my eyes a bit "H-how'd you sleep?" He asked nervously.

I just smiled 'fine. The beds are comfier here than in any motels I've ever stayed in' I said, Sam chuckled and nodded "Yea they are" He said, I could still sense his nervousness which made me giggle 'Why so nervous Sammy?' I asked childishly,

He glared at me "I-I'm not nervous" He stated with an awkward chuckle. I scoffed and rolled my eyes "You know I have mind powers right? And am an angel still?" I asked, his eyes widen and face flushed which made me giggle 'awe how cute, you get nervous around a girl' I teased which made him scratch the back of his neck nervously.

I giggled and smiled as the coffee pot went off which made me about to get up and get some when Sam stopped me "let me get it" He said as he got up and poured us a cup. He handed me my mug which made me nod at him as a thank you because I guess I trust him a little more than Dean...no offense but he's an ass...reminds me of my siblings, plus Sam's fun to tease...

I was still so confused on why he wanted to take me in and what made me so fucking special. I titled my head a bit 'So why take me in Sam?' I asked, he looked confused "Like I said, you could be of use to us when fighting monsters and I wanted to help you with your broken hands. You hit the wall so hard, why did you?" He asked softly with concern in his eyes.

I sighed 'Growing up my siblings have called me every evil name in the book and that guy I killed called me a bitch and a freak so I killed him and the thoughts in my head went back to what my siblings said and I just got so angry that I needed to get it out somehow so I just punched the wall till I felt better' I said with no emotion or expression on my face.

Sam frowned "I'm sorry Azriel, you didn't deserve that" He said, I rolled my eyes and took off my mask to drink my coffee. It was quiet for a moment till I heard other footsteps meaning Dean woke up. He came down and still glared at me and grabbed some coffee "morning" Dean greeted tiredly "morning" Sam said, I just nodded as a greeting.

It was very awkward and quiet "So how did the angel of darkness enjoy her sleep?" Dean teased, I glared at him "you know I can kill you in an instant right?" I asked, he smirked "You would've done that already Sweetheart so bring it" He threatened...he made my blood fucking boil.

I clenched my fists as I closed my eyes and felt my darkness around me. I smirked as I opened my eyes only having them turn pitch black. Dean stopped smirking as soon as he saw the darkness around me "Azriel-" Sam warned. I lifted my hand up and let the darkness circle my hand.

I only smirked 'Try that again Winchester I fucking dare you' I threatened. He put his hands up which made me smirk as I dropped my hands and sipped my coffee "I stand corrected, you're scary" Dean said, I chuckled and sipped my coffee 'So you got any cases today?' I asked, the guys shrugged "no idea, we'll let you know if we find anything" Dean said, I just nodded as I finished my coffee and headed back to my room.

I sighed as I sat on my bed in the dark and just started to think...I was starting to feel really weird around Sam and I don't know why. I mean I'm normally never like this...I don't tease or threaten...

Hell, I don't even talk but after just one day with these guys and I'm spilling my guts to them? Teasing Sam and threatening Dean? I mean normally I would just walk away or never leave my room...but I am and I'm socializing and smiling and laughing after one day? How? Why?

This can't happen, I can't allow myself to feel, I can't allow myself to get close to them...why? I'm afraid they'll eventually see me how I see myself and if I talk or open up...the screaming and crying may never stop...and I don't want that, I don't think the guys want that...I need to lock it all up and bury it deep deep down...This can't happen...

But I mean why? I'm nothing to the guys but leverage and power...that's all I am...yet Sam is nice to me and helping me out...no one has ever done that before and now I feel strange around him...sure I got lonely from time to time but who cares? Why did my feelings matter? They don't...nothing matters, I don't matter to anything or anyone...I'm just another mistake my father created and trust me...he's made plenty...

All this thinking made me tired and made my head hurt. I groaned and shook my head as I hopped out of bed to get more coffee. I headed out of my room and to the kitchen seeing Sam at the table with his laptop. He looked at me and smiled "oh hey Azriel" He greeted,

I just nodded as I grabbed a mug and poured myself a cup of coffee, 'Where's Dean?' I asked, "on a supply run and going to see if there's any cases" He said, I just nodded 'What are you doing?' I asked, he smiled "Same thing" he said, I just nodded and sipped my coffee 'how come you don't fear me like the others?' I asked,

Sam looked at me with confusion "Well for one me and Dean aren't like the others and you're our friend and I don't fear my friends" he said, my eyes widen...did he...did he just say friends? 'F-Friends?' I questioned, he just smiled softly and nodded "yea, why else would I take you in and help you? I can see how pained you are deep in those bright red eyes of yours and I know how you feel. When I was little, Dean and our father went on hunts and I wasn't allowed to go because I wasn't strong enough no matter how much I trained and how much I pushed myself, I wasn't strong enough. I was jealous and envious of Dean and me and my dad argued a lot and no matter what I did, it was never enough for him so I know you feel and how angry you are at siblings and I just thought you could use some friends...someone who you trust and you can trust us with anything Azriel" Sam said sincerely.

My eyes widen as my heart started to pound a bit, I looked down and felt my face flush...why the fuck is he doing this? Why is he making me feel this way? 'Uh t-thanks Sam' I said,

He just smiled "Of course, if you ever need to talk, I'm here and I'll listen. That's what friends are for" He said, I just smiled softly and nodded as I grabbed my coffee and headed back up to my room...Friends...what?

(Uh oh...what's gonna happen next? Enjoy!!)

(1700 Words)