🦚𝕃𝕌ℂ𝕀𝔽𝔼ℝ 𝕩 𝔾ℕ!𝕄ℂ - ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

Lucifer was a very prideful man - for God's sake, he's the avatar of pride itself.
But he was also extremely prejudice towards you.
You were human, it isnt every day a demon has to reside with a human for a year.
Practically, you were his responsibility, as he was instructed to keep an eye on you by Diavolo since he deemed Mammon to be too unreliable.
Of course, he couldn't deny his Lord's orders - it was only for a year anyways, and he just had to make sure the fragile human didn't get eaten within that time.
That's all.

What he didn't expect was to fall for you: and he hated it.
He despised his own feelings and tried to drown them out with work and tasks, revising for upcoming exams and avoiding you when necessary, but ultimately he had to be there for you.
Whether he liked it or not, you were his responsibility.
It annoyed him having to keep an eye on you - how's he meant to lose feelings if he's practically stuck with you?

Everyone around noticed his feelings just from how he acted towards you alone: Diavolo teased him and Satan used this knowledge to his liking, but he still denied feeling such things.
'MC's just a good student, is all. They've done exceptionally well these past few months.'
A rose blush dusted his cheeks and he lowered his gaze from his Lord, averting his eyes whilst Diavolo grinned cheekily.
The Lord found it endearing how Lucifer was acting, and he would've taken it into his own hands if you hadn't begged him to not tell Lucifer of your feelings for him when he confronted you about you two's relationship.
'Lord Diavolo... Maybe I do like him, maybe more than that, but don't tell him! I think that if he likes me, he'd come to me, don't you think?'

So he left it at that, pinky promising you that he wouldn't say a word to Lucifer.

'Ah! I knew it, MC. Don't worry, I too think he will come to you in his own time, he's just extremely prideful.'

Looking back on this memory, Diavolo wonders what would've happened if he broke his promise?

Would you two have met a happier ending?

Unfortunately for Lucifer, he didn't realise you felt the same.
Within the year you resided, he convinced himself that you didn't like him, and that even if the feelings were mutual you couldn't date because it simply wasn't morally right.
You're human and hes a demon.
Lucifer was only watching you due to orders too, wasn't he?
Whatever relationship you two had, he deemed it as professional and work related.
He was too prideful to admit his undying love for you.
He was too prideful to admit that you made his walls come down, and that his prejudice towards the human race was no more: he was too prideful to feel for once, or too afraid to enter a romantic relationship.
Especially with a small and mortal human like you.

It wouldn't have worked anyways, he tells himself, as he's propped on his windowsill, glancing at the moon with his melancholy coffee in his leathered hands.
Ray's of moonlight beamed over his face, illuminating his pale features, extenuating his broad and almost heavenly body proportions as he sighed against the glass, running a hand through his raven hair.
Our love was forbidden from the start. They'd have left at somepoint anyways, they're mortal.
But even as these thoughts ran through his head, a part of him further back called out:

'What if you could've found your happy ending with them?'