🤍𝕊𝕀𝕄𝔼𝕆ℕ𝕩𝔾ℕ!𝕄ℂ - ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ

You fell for him quick,and you weren't subtle about it

and you weren't subtle about it.
His melanin was perfect under the moonlight that loomed ominously over the Devildom,
his ocean eyes melted your heart whenever you looked into them,
his posture was so perfect and pure,
how could someone not fall for such an angelic being?

But you knew your love would forever seemingly be one-sided.
Unrequited.
Because he's an angel and you're a human, and we all know what happened last time an angel and human fell in love.

So when you noticed the normally boisterous and bubbly angel slowly retracting from you,
you understood.
He didn't want to catch feelings and complicate things further, so you just sighed and watched as he slowly left your life.

Looking back, it was gradual.
He stopped talking to you in the hallways and sitting with you at lunch, instead throwing you a quick smile whenever you locked eyes - that damned smile.
The one that in all honesty made you fall even harder.
You knew it was wrong, but fuck it, if it's only a one way thing with him and only him, it's fine.

He was worth the hurt, at least that's what you told yourself.

As time progressed,
he distanced himself further.
There were no more movie nights at Purgatory Hall,
or baking with Luke whenever,
talking to him in class,
hanging with him and Solomon.
It was like your entire friendship faded because you had caught feelings.

But in reality,
Simeon had caught feelings just as quickly,
if not quicker than you had.
He was beyond smitten with you,
often finding himself questioning why you weren't an angel yourself.
You were such a gem in his eyes: even now, despite being separated in your two realms, you were still a masterpiece to him.

But one he couldn't afford to have.

Simeon knew that if he let himself indulge in you,
let himself love you freely without a care in the world,
kissed you passionately under the gleaming and shimmering stars,
his actions would be met with hefty consequences.
He couldn't disappoint the archangel and his God.
He just couldn't - and wouldn't - let himself meet the same fate the 7 brothers had.

It pained him as much as it pained you to see him go,
practically disappearing from your life as if he was never even there,
for him to become somebody you used to know.
But you both knew that it was better like this.

Even though neither of you voiced your underlying love for each other, you didn't have to.
Anyone around could tell there was atleast something mutual between you two,
yet they kept quiet themselves,
wanting to see if such an angel would give into temptation.
It was like a movie to others watching, and maybe it was to you too, with all the ups and downs and emotional rollercoasters.
Everyone around was disappointed and some even sad to say the least,
when it was apparent that Simeon had chosen God over you.

And it pained you too.
Yet you kept on the strong facade that you had only let down to him, only him.
The facade that you had kept on for years now before meeting anyone of these demons and angels alike.
And he knew you were hurting deeply, he saw right through you.
Yet he couldn't muster up to courage to comfort you this time: it would just add on more fake hope.
Simeon knew that secretly, you hoped he would come back, paltonically or not.
But he knew which you'd prefer, and he couldn't play you any longer.
He didn't want to.

Upon returning to both your realms,
the pain was almost unbearable.
Simeon kept watch above,
watching how you lived your day to day life,
watching you meet your friends and family, the odd date.
It made him happy despite the sharp 'pang' his heart felt upon seeing this.
But you were mortal, you had to find love one way or another, and Simeon knew that the love you wanted couldn't come from him.
So he watched you from cloud nine,
he saw all your lows and highs.
Yet, all the same, you were still the masterpiece he had thought you were when he first laid his eyes upon you.

Even seeing your skin cut deeply,
blood dripping slowly down the sides of you arms,
the pill bottle slowly rolling out of your reach,
he still thought you were a masterpiece.
Simeon watched as tears streamed quietly down his face, your lips shakily giving our your last breath, your face red and puffy, bottom lip bleeding.
It hurt him to see you in such pain,
he begged God to give you your life back, to replenish you and give you a new start without any knowledge of his existence.
But it was against the laws.
You were dead now, your soul left to wander aimlessly around the earth.
Not in his embrace up in the heavens.

Even centuries later, he thinks of you fondly.
All your time spent together.
And Simeon can't help but wonder,
what if he chose you, his masterpiece, over his God?
Would he be holding you close,
with a tiny house upon a hill with children squealing as they ran around the garden?
That's what he told himself.
That's what he thought he could've had with you, and he lost the opportunity.
Children's names ran through his head, you had always loved the name Irene.
That's what he'll call his daughter one day,
and even though she won't look like you at all,
he would still smile fondly at both her and his new wife,
reminiscing over all the times he had spent with you.
He would still remember your intoxicating laugh, he could never get enough of it.
He hoped his baby girl would share a similar to the same laugh as you.

But a family isn't a far thought now,
as he hauled himself up from the bed,
fixing his tuxedo that fitted him so well,
wiping the tears from his eyes.
He was in an arranged marriage now, finally, years after your death.
Despite not wanting this, he couldn't bring himself to oppose the archangel's order.
Silently he prayed, praying that your soul wouldn't wander into his wedding and watch him devote his life to someone who isn't you.
Because even after all these years, he wanted his masterpiece more than anything in the world.

Too bad he couldn't, and now could never, afford to have you, no matter how much or how little he offered.