🌃𝔻𝕀𝔸𝕍𝕆𝕃𝕆 - ʀᴇᴘᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1]

He hadn't meant it or done it intentionally,
he simply had business in the human world and figured he'd enjoy his time there: it was very rare he could visit God's creations.

In fact, Diavolo took great pride in corrupting humans, making them sin for him.

However, this time round, it was more than just making a woman sin for him.
In fact, she was aware he was the devil himself in human form: the reincarnation of the ruler of hell.
Yet she wasn't scared, instead she made her intentions very clear.

And perhaps is was the small smirk on her face, her seductive eyes and teasing touches that threw him over the edge:
it was as if she was a succubus herself,
sent to cause him to fall from grace,
instead of the latter.

But it happened.
You see, normally Diavolo was cautious when sleeping around and getting his fill,
however this time it was different.
The human had fallen pregnant with his child: a possible heir to the throne.
But alas, he couldn't allow such a child to be born.
A cambion child would cause his title and reputation to falter; none should know he slept with mere, weak human beings, let alone impregnate one of them.
Thus, the fighting and yelling began.

"Its my child, Diavolo! If I want to bare it, I shall do it with or without your presence!"

"Stupid woman, what isn't clicking in your head?! I have a reputation to uphold, you see--"
Pacing up and down the hallway, he flung his hands up to grasp at his hair in pure fury.

"Well, you should've thought about that before meddling with me in the first place! Or any human, there-s always a chance of pregnancy and I told you beforehand Diavolo, you can't blame me entirely!"
Now she too, was infuriated, slamming the wardrobe door as she was collecting his things, quickly wanting to shove him out from her abode.

"Human, don't test me, you shall NOT bare such a hideous creature, I wont allow it to happen!"
He was gritting his teeth now, staring daggers at her.
Yet, she didn't wince or falter in fear, she maintained the contact with an equally intense gaze.

"You wont be needed in their life. But morally, I am not ridding of my child, is that clear?"
Her words were ice cold, and Diavolo's gaze faltered before her, he was in confusion. No one had used such a tone to him before.

"Fuck you and your reputation."

Just as she was about to storm past him to put the remaining clothes in another bag, she was haulted by his looming figure.

"Atleast let me help you during the 9 months, then."
It's as if her words had caused something in him to click, to change.
The least he thought he would do was to support her through the duration of carrying, right?
It's not like the whole Devildom would know he had a child on the way if he left and never uttered a word after the birth: they would have no way of knowing.

So, it began, the 9 month period in which he juggled his responsibilities as a prince and as a 'part-time' father.

However, the further along the journey he went, the more attached he got to his growing child.
It started to ache him, knowing he would never get to see their face,
watch them grow before him, have them dance around his palace.

But this is how it must be,
he thought to himself,
his hand placed lightly on the growing bump, the baby was 7 months now.
A girl, the doctor had said,
and no injuries were being faced.
Both mother and daughter were safe and healthy, that's what mattered to him most in that moment of peace,
feeling the fetus gently kick against his hand from the womb.

Alas, the 9 month mark, he was more stressed than he'd have liked to admit.
He watched as she lay in the hospital bed in agony, Barabtos by his side, eyes following the bed as it was lifted into the back seat of the ambulance.

"Would you like to come along, sir?"
One of the men had asked him rushed,
and a part of him wanted to run into that ambulance, hold her hand and tell her everything was going to be alright.
But alas, the hand on his shoulder answered before he could even get a breath in.

"I'm afraid he cant, just update us on what happens, please."

"Wait-" Diavolo quickly brushed
Barbatos' hand from his shoulder and ran to the ambulance, eagerly picking her hand up.

"Diavolo, fuck off, you've done what you needed t-"

"Let me kiss my baby girl one final time."
He gazed softly at her face which was contoured in agony and desperation,
watching as she gave him a slight nod, moving their joint hands down to her stomach.

Leaning forward, he blinked the tears away, gently placing his lips just above her belly button, resting his forehead against her ribcage for just a few seconds longer.

"Live healthily, my angel."