Chapter 5: Into The New World

Edited 08/12/16

Seon's P.O.V

5 years later

Beep~ Beep~ Beep~

I heard my alarm clock beeped and I quickly turned it off in my half awake half asleep condition. But what the heck? I'm still sleepy!

I buried myself back in my blankets again hoping to have a nice continued beauty sleep but it was soon to be disturbed by the beloved mother of mine. Yay! Note the sarcasm.

"Lee Seon! Wake up! It's already 10am. Why do you even set your alarm clock at 10am? Hurry up, you don't want to be late for the brunch meeting with your father's clients." My mother said.

"I stayed up last night to finish the work dad gave me. Okay, I'm getting up." I smiled at her. "I'll go and get ready now." I said.

"That's my girl." She said. She returned my smile and started walking to my door.

I got out of bed and went to take a long shower. I really want to just stay in bed and sleep but I just can't because I know how important this meeting is to my father.

Well, every meeting is very important to my father. He's trying to expand our company's sales to other countries in Asia.

That's right, we have a company now and we're living in the city of love Paris, France. My grandfather died 4 years ago. When he died he gave his company to his only son, my father.

My grandfather's company was based on fashion only but after my father took over the company, it was not only about fashion anymore. It's also more to businesses, hotels and all. The company now is in a way mixed?

So I, as the next heir to the company, need to attend all the meetings that my father attends to. My father told me it is for my own good.

I need to attend the meeting so the company board will agree on me being the next CEO of the company when my dad wants to resign from being the present CEO.

It's tiring and so boring.

That means this company can be easily can be given away to anybody if the company board does not agree on me being the next CEO.

But I'm only 20 years old. Isn't it to early to be going around to this meetings. Oh wait, my other rich friends went to meetings like this as young as 15 years old.

I finished my long shower and I quickly stepped out of the bathroom. I went to my closet.

I searched thoroughly for my clothes and I saw this beautiful white dress that reached just on top of my knees. I finally decided to wear that dress. It looks simple but at the same time gorgeous. I matched it with my black flats.

After I finished getting ready I went downstairs and found my mother and father sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Finally our little princess is done getting ready." My dad said while giving me his big smile.

"Did I make you wait that long?" I asked while returning my father's smile.

"No, we were only waiting for you for about..." he said and checked his watch, "9 minutes" he said.

"Well let's get going then honey." My mother said and we hurriedly go to the car waiting for us outside our house.

Once we got in the car my father wasted no time to tell the driver to go.

"Are you planning on going to college?" My father asked. I flinched at the thought of college. I hate going to school. Well, I have good grades but I just don't like to study.