Chapter 8

When we got back from shopping Lauren pull me into the guess room and told me to take of my clothes and get ready she threw me a blue dress with a open back and blue heels to go with it. It was not a fancy dress it was simple and really pretty after we got ready we head to the dining room sitting at the table was Adrian mom, dad and another man who I am guessing is David he was tall build but not too build he had blue eyes like his mom and olive skin like all of them. Adrian sat next there on his phone when he lift his head he saw me and stood up and walked to me and kissed me hard like he was hungry for me. Someone clear there throat and I looked at the table with David smiling and clapping his hands. " well well well you must be The Lisa my dad was talking about he was right you indeed a very beautiful girl." I blushed and looked away " thank you and you must be David," I said Adrian pull me next to him and we sat down a few minutes later a bunch of people came out with food and we ate and chat. Suddenly My phone ring and I excuse myself from the table I knew who it was my sister she calls me when she wants to apologize or ask me for help. " hello" I said the line was silent for a second before she spoke " hello omg Lisa it's so good to finally hear your voice" she said " what do you want mia" I said " I can't call my sister to see how she's doing she said" I breathe for a second and spoke " you don't call me unless there's something you want or to apologize" I said " well I don't need anything I just wanted to tell you I am getting married and I want you to be there it's in 4 weeks your my sister and I really want you there" she said " I don't know if I am ready to see you again after what you did to me but my little sister is getting married I am going to be there" I said " hey bae are you ok" Adrian said I look back and he's standing there looking handsome as always. " yea give me a second" I said he came and wrap his hands around me. " we'll it looks like your busy I will call you in a few weeks about the wedding date thanks again sis" Mia said before hanging up. " who was that" Adrian said " it was my sister she wants me to come to her wedding" I said " well if you want can I be your plus one." Adrian said " always" I smiled. We went back in the living room and everyone was already having desert. We sat down and David phone lit up he looks at the message and his face fell. " what's wrong sweetie" his mom asks David looked up at Adrian and he sighs" I am sorry Adrian but Simon is out of prison he Escaped " Adrian grip on my hand got tight his face was pale. " do they know" Adrian said " he's in New York he left a note saying he was coming for you" David said Adrian stood up and left the table. " Adrian sweetie come back" his mom yelled " mom I need time please just let me go upstairs I need to be by myself, David take Lisa home" I stood up and grab his hand " I am not going anywhere don't push me away" I said " I am not pushing you away I just need to be alone please Lisa go I will call you tomorrow" he kissed me on the cheek and head upstairs. I stood there staring at the stairs. " umm I am sorry can you please take me home David" David nod and stood up I wave everyone goodbye and walked into David's car. We were driving to my apartment when he spoke up " I know you already heard but Adrian is a strong guy he likes you and it nice he found someone" he said I smiled and looked up at him. " who's Simon I asked. he sighs" I am guessing he didn't tell you that part it's a touchy subject so I am going to say it. When his mom drop him off she left with her boyfriend Simon she meets this guy 3 days after my dad stop the affair they were having. Simon though that Adrian was his baby. But he's not because after the affair ended June find out she was pregnant with Adrian she didn't want to tell Simon because she knew what Simon would do to her and Adrian. After she give birth to Adrian 3 days later she put Adrian in front our doorstep and left with Simon. Five years later she called me and told me to tell Adrian she loved him and that she will always love him if I knew she was going to die right after that phone call I would have done something we find out that right after June hung up the phone Simon heard her he asked her who Adrian was she won't tell him he got bad he pushed her and her head hit the fireplace and she died. He found out about Adrian when he saw the video she made for Adrian. Now he thought that Adrian is his child and he wants him back but Adrian is not his." I felt like crying I want to go back and hugged him but he said he don't want to be bothered. When we pulled up at my apartment I thanked him and got out before he left he rolled down the window and said " I hope to see you again Lisa your really great for Adrain your what he needs he will come around just give him time." I smiled and thanked him again and open my apartment, door I closes the door and laid on my bed. I check my phone and nothing from Adrian I close my eyes and soon after sleep caught me.