Chapter 25

As I walked out of the waiting room my heart was beating and unwanted tears were starting to fall but I didn't let them. I caught up to Josh and the kids  he gives me that look I looked at him and shake my head not now. I finished up my work and went home with my kids I told my sister about what happened she was not happy that I invited them but she got over it. I made dinner and put my kids to bed the whole night I couldn't sleep I kept thinking about Adrian and his parents what am going to do this weekend with them for five years he's been gone and now he show up what happened five years ago? I finally drift off to sleep the next morning I woke up and made breakfast and left for work early when I got to work I sat in my car thinking how the hell will I avoid Adrian I finally got out of my car and head inside the hospital. I got my charts and went to my office I was doing some paperwork when my assistant walked in." I am sorry to bother you Dr.Roman but your patent from yesterday son is not responding to the milk he's not eating" she said I looked up at her " what do you mean not eating how long has this been going on" I said " well when you left we try feeding him but he's not eating so we put him under an iv drip to keep him hydrated" I sign and got up from my seat. " and you couldn't call me last night to tell me" I said while grabbing my white coat and chart. " I am sorry we didn't want to bother you" I walked out of my office with her behind me. " you should have called me we don't want a dead baby on our hands," I said while heading to Laurens room. I stood in front of the door and took a deep breath. I knock on the door and waited till I heard a come in I open the door and saw Lauren sitting up in the hospital bed I looked around to see Kevin Lauren husband sitting next to the bed and Laurens parents sitting on the couch and Adrian sitting in the chair next to them. I looked back at Lauren and see her looking at me with a shocked expression on her face. I sign and walked toward her bed I smiled and looked up at her. " I am so sorry Mrs. Garnett I am late my assistant just brought it to my attention that your son is not taking the milk," I said while smiling Lauren blinked a few times before she nodded " yea I tried feeding him last night and he won't eat," she said I smiled and move to the bed he was sleeping in I picked him up. " hi little you," I said " Caleb," Lauren said " Caleb what a wonderful name," I said while smiling down at him. I checked Caleb up to see what was wrong with him I told her to try feeding him breast milk she said she doesn't believe in the breast milk is a good source for food but I told her to try it anyway." omg he's eating " Lauren said " I smiled " well if you want to give him a bottle a good source for that is pumping" I said Lauren looked at me and smile. " thank you so much Lisa and congratulations on your kids" she said I smiled and walked out the door I stood on the other side of the wall with my head in my hands and tears started rolling down my cheeks I stood up fixed my coat wipe my face and headed to my office. I sat down at my desk and stare at my computer screen when there was a knock at the door. " come in" I said while still staring at the computer scene when the door open and close I froze and slowly lift my eyes to meet the eyes of the men who haunted my dreams for years. He slowly walked over to my desk and looked into my soul we made strong eye contact for 30 seconds till I broke it the sexual tension was still strong between us. " what do you want" I said breaking the awkward silence. He sighs and looked at me " I want to talk to you" Adrian said while sitting in the seat across from me. " I am working I can't have this conversation with you," I said while tapping my keyboards. He sighs again " I just want to explain my self to you" I drop the pen that was in my hand and looked up at him " I don't want to hear the reason you did it or why you left or why you said those things to me I've moved on after all those years you should too," I said while looking back down at the papers in front of me. " I want to be in their lives I want you to give me a chance to explain and make this right between us" he said " and you will be in there lives they are your kids but as for us there is no us any more there will never be an us ever again" I said. He sigh and stood up " I love you" he said I could feel the tears rolling down my face when He said those toxic words. " no you don't if you did you wouldn't have left me" I said " just let me explain my self meet me after work at the coffee shop if you still love me like I know you do" he said while walking towards the door. " I don't love you," I said he stops for a few seconds and walked out the door. I sat in the office for hours thinking and doing some work after work I got in my car and drove to the cafe I sat in my car in front of the cafe for a few minutes and got out of the car I walked into the cafe and looked around for Adrian not long I saw him sitting at a table in the corner of the cafe I made my way towards him and sat down he looked up at me and smiled. " I am not here because I love you I am here to hear what you have to say"