Chapter 19

Okay, so I'm literally so sorry to everyone who read the chapter I posted yesterday

Okay, so I'm literally so sorry to everyone who read the chapter I posted yesterday. That was chapter 25 and it was definitely published last night by accident in my half asleep state. I usually write this book at night but my first week back to work they have me working overtime and I'm literally so exhausted

So...so exhausted 🥴

But anyway here's the real next chapter. Enjoy.

***********************

Steve gave Loki a glare as he returned me to his waiting arms.

Before I had time to reach them however, Koda beat me to the chase. He jumped up to place his paws on Loki's shoulders and cover his neck with saliva.

"Yes dog, I'm glad you've had the pleasure of greeting me, now that's enough." He said, scrunching his face in disgust and shoving Koda off of him. Koda proceeded to paw his leg while I accepted his embrace. He pulled away all too soon but not before planting a quick kiss on my cheek. My heart fluttered at his sudden affection and it only left me wanting more. I turned back to Steve then, who was still standing in the open doorway with a slightly disgusted expression.

"Thanks for taking me out."

His mouth turned up in a small smile and he gave me a curt nod. "My pleasure. Thanks for getting me outta the office." He then shut the door and the electronic lock gave a 'click' sound before he turned and walked away.

Loki placed his hands on my waist from behind. His warm breath sent shivers down my spine as he whispered, "I trust you accomplished your goal?"

I nodded, and turned around so I could face him. He wasn't smiling, but then again, when did that ever happen? Instead, he was studying me with his typical brooding sincerity. By the look in his emerald eyes, I could tell he knew something had happened to put me even more on edge than before, but he said nothing. Rather, he placed his hands on either side of my face, and leaned down to capture my lips in another long, passionate kiss.

This kiss was different than the previous one. Rather than being a sudden act of emotion or lust, Loki was expressing everything he wanted to say out loud, but couldn't because of the monitors.

His lips traveled from my mouth to my cheek, and eventually behind my ear, where we both discovered my weak spot was. My knees turned to jelly as he tugged on the sensitive skin with his teeth and it took all my willpower to pull away.

Eventually I did however, and placed my hands on his chest. I closed my eyes, and sighed, saying, "Gosh I wish we were still in Alaska."

"Why? So nobody can hear you scream?"

"Loki!" My eyes shot open and my face heated up immediately at his suggestive comment. He stood there with the biggest devilish, mischievous expression on his face. I pushed his hands off of my shoulders and turned away, completely flustered.