Chapter 20

The gut wrenching, adrenaline spiking, fear inducing transport to Asgard was over in a second, but it felt like the longest second in the world

And Hydra made us do planks.

So naturally, when I felt my feet hit solid ground and saw the golden world materialize around me, I bent over, and threw up my entire dinner. You know, the one Steve so graciously bought me.

"Lex." Loki said my name with urgency, and I felt him pull my hair back.

"I'm fine." I wasn't fine, but I was sure I would be very soon. Once I was done hurling my diner, I got a chance to take in my surroundings.

We were standing on a luminescent platform of some kind. It felt like it was made of glass or a type of acrylic resin, but the funny thing was that it glowed. Every time we touched it, lights of every color imaginable shone from the place of impact like ripples in a pond. It was breathtaking.

It was a pathway over an ocean, I noticed. The water was rushing past on both sides of us and seemed to fall straight into space. Behind us the long colorful platform reached a sudden end, like a bridge that was out. The other end however, stretched all the way to a giant gold fortress.

The middle section seemed to reach all the way to the sky, while the surrounding buildings were smaller and spanned out in a weird pyramid shape.

I turned to look at Koda, who's collar I was still holding with a death grip, and in my disoriented state, I could think of only one thing to say. "Koda, I have a feeling we're not on Midgard anymore." What can I say, I liked The Wizard of Oz.

"I'm afraid not. Welcome to Asgard Lady Alexis." The voice came from a dark skinned man with the most enchanting eyes I'd ever seen. He wore golden armor and a helmet that had decorative pieces on either side that arched upwards.

"Oh, um, thanks. It's just Lex though." I stammered out. Loki looked confused at what the man in gold just said. Of course he would be. I never told Loki my full name.

The man bowed his head in response and said. "As you wish Lady Lex."

The man, I saw, was in front of a large group of uniformly dressed men. Soldiers maybe?

Loki helped me stand to my feet as I tried to shake off the rest of the motion sickness. "Are you quite alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." He went to say something else but was stopped by Thor gripping his upper arm, and pulling him away towards the mass of guards. "Wait, Loki?" I called after him. I couldn't process everything quickly enough. They couldn't just take him away...could they?

Loki turned back to me. I could tell he was trying to keep calm for my sake, but the nervous energy radiating off of him gave his secret away. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Stick with Thor." The mob of guards had him surrounded then, and they started marching him towards the towering city at a painfully fast pace.