Chapter 20

We aren't walking long when we get to a very upscale apartment complex. Modern and very classy. He walks through the doors. And the receptionist knows him by name. I'm in awe of this building. Marble floors. Sleek black décor and cozy couches and chairs. Adam is still dragging me to the elevator. He hasn't said a word in five minutes and I'm beyond confused. He presses level 8 and in no time the doors open straight to a beautiful apartment with the same design as downstairs. Except there are black and white photos framed of beautiful buildings and scenery on every wall. And I wonder if it's his work. He had mentioned he liked taking photos of scenery over photos of people.

"Welcome to my home he says." In a mocking tone

"It's ... it's beautiful." I tell him still in awe

He raises an eyebrow "it's over the top. Just like my father."

I can sense his grudge against his father. Though I don't know why.

Standing in the foyer of this beautiful apartment, I'm more confused then ever. I let go of his release and turn to face him while crossing my arms.

"What am I doing here?" I ask him firmly. He doesn't answer me he just walks around me to his bar and pours a drink.

So I ask again. "What. Am. I. Doing. Here?"

"You said you were on probation I figured here was the safest and quickest place." He says to me though I'm not sure if he's telling me or convincing himself

"We were fine hiding." I roll my eyes just thinking about how much the night has been ruined by him. He sits his drink down and walks back over to me. With his signature move. One hand in his pocket one hand rubbing the back of his neck. My heart is racing as he walks toward me boring his eyes into me. But I can't do this to myself.

"I'm going to go." I say to him as I turn to the door

He gently grabs my arm and spins me around to face him. We have a habit of this move. The way he looks directly into my eyes sends a shiver through my entire body. He reaches his hands up to my cheeks and rubs his thumb over them and I feel my cheeks flush from his touch. He tucks my hair behind my ears still holding my cheeks studying me.

"Why are you looking at me like that? No one has ever looked at me the way you are are looking at me right now." I say to him practically out of breath.

Before my brain can remind my body that I should be be out the door. He smashes his lips to mine. My brain, my body has all turned to mush. I wrap my hands around his neck giving us an even deeper kiss. I hear a slight moan from his lips. And then he lifts me up to wrap my legs around him never losing connection from our lips. He gently sits us down on the couch. My legs still around him, straddling his body and my hands pulling at his hair. My entire body feels like someone else. I've never felt this kind of electricity. I can feel his body reacting to mine and I love that I might have some sort of affect on this man.

I'm losing myself into his kiss and embrace. He lines my neck with gentle kisses. My body is bursting with an arousal I've never felt before.

But in an instant my brain wakes up. And I jump off of him to my feet.

"Kami no don't run." He grabs my hand in desperation.

I'm out of breath and trying to form words for my reaction. I can't look at him. I can't tell him because he'll never look at me the same.

"Kami...." He jolts me out of my thoughts

"When I was younger a man... my mom's secret boyfriend ... came into my room.."

"Oh my god!" Adam says and jumps up.

"No... he didn't... he didn't actually do anything. But he tried getting his hands on me.. and.. " I let out the breath I've been holding. "I've never been able to shake that feeling so that's why ... I get uncomfortable with physical touch." I feel so ashamed telling him this story.

"He was too drunk and thankfully it didn't go too far."

"It did go too far!" He interrupts me finally saying something. "No man should ever! Ever do that!" He gently touches my cheek so gently it actually makes me crave more. "Especially to you. I could kill that man." And his flat tone makes me believe that he really would always protect me.

He gently touches his lips to mine. And says "I'm going to touch you now." Before I can say anything he has me up over his shoulder! I can't help but to laugh at the way he lifted me up here with as minimal touch as possible.

He opens the door to the bed room and sits me down easily. Reminding me of the night we met.. the second time we met in one night...the first time I yelled at him.

"Let's just start with sleeping together" he says to me

I think my eyeballs popped out of my head. "I mean in the same bed.. next to one another." I giggle at his correction and snuggle in his giant cozy bed. I'm sure the relief of his correction covers my face.

We are both laying on our sides facing each other. He is fumbling with my hands. I can tell by his expression he wants to ask me a question.

"Why are you on probation?" He says finally making eye contact.
I can't believe it took him this long to ask me..

I shift my weight a little and look away. "A couple of underage drinking incidents."

And the massive guilt I feel for not being completely honest weighs heavily in the air around us.