Chapter 28

It's been over a month since I had ran back home after Becca's accident. A whole month since I shared the hardest memories of my life to Adam.

I've been working hard to get a grip on this grief and all the things that trigger it for me. I haven't missed therapy sessions with Jessica. And she had become more tolerable to me. She believes emergency flashing lights and hospital beeps are what put me in such a panic state when Rebecca was hit because those are memories that stuck out from Bethany's accident. I remember the lights at the scene of the accident. When I woke up in the hospital all I could hear were the beeps from the machine and then I would freak out screaming for Bethany.

For 4 days straight they had to sedate me. 4 days my body stopped me from hearing the words that Bethany was dead. I had almost zero injuries even though I was thrown from the car. I was only in the hospital for that long simply because I couldn't hear the words. They echo in and out of my subconscious often, my dad's voice

Bethany didn't make it. She died at the accident. A piece of metal.... She died instantly Kami, they said she didn't feel a thing..

The pain in his voice and the words he spoke will haunt me forever.

It's winter in Chicago and it's almost Christmas. My dad was fine with the idea of me spending some of the break with Rebecca, I think he was relieved. He and I have talked more this last month than we usually do on the phone. It's been nice for the both of us.

I have one more night with Adam before I leave with Becca to meet her family and stay with them for a few days.

I get to Adam's apartment and I can already smell the food he is cooking or the take out he has bought. It makes me laugh remembering the first time I watched him try to cook after the Halloween party over a month ago. As soon as he lays eyes on me he grabs my waist to pull me in and plants gentle kisses across my lips, each cheek, and the tip of my nose. Every time he does that it makes me giggle like a fucking little girl but I can't help it.

He walks back to the kitchen "dinner is almost ready, sweet cheeks" he says to me. "It smells delicious." I inhale obnoxiously while following him to the kitchen. "What can I help with?" I ask.

"Absolutely nothing." He demands

"That's fine I can admire the view." I say to him with a devilish smile

He is dressed in a black polo and jeans that all fit just snug around his muscles. His hair is tousled on his head and he looks heavenly.

"Ms. Cooper do not look at me like I'm a piece of meat!" He teases me once he catches my eyes all over him. Though I know he loves the way I look at him. I see every girl look at him like this but I'm the only one ALLOWED to look at him like that and it makes me freaking giddy!

"You love it. Don't act like you don't." I roll my eyes at him

He puts a hand on his hip with a kitchen utensil in the other. "Did you just roll your eyes at me missy?."

"What are you going to do about it?" I say inching off my seat.

Before I know it he is lunging for me and I'm trying to get away before he can get me. I don't get far when he has his arms around my waist picks me up and tosses me to the couch and starts tingling me right where he knows, under my rib. I'm kicking and screaming and giggling. His beautiful laughter fills the air.

A loud beeping sound fills the room. And my body tightens. Adam stands up and looks to the kitchen. There is smoke coming from the oven and the smoke detector is going off. "Fuck." He yells and takes off for the kitchen. I can't help but to laugh to myself. He really is terrible around the kitchen.

We end up having to get take out from the new Chinese restaurant down the road. Adam was pissed at himself but I was fine with it I've been wanting to try the restaurant anyway. After we finish up I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I've been staying here a lot this past month so I kept a toothbrush in with his. It's so stupid but it makes me feel special.

Adam hasn't pushed me about sex. He knows I've had a hard time adjusting to being touched by him. But he has been so gentle and kind. I'm not sure how I go so lucky. This man has a way of melting my heart and my body. And I've never been so scared. Scared of feeling this way. This vulnerability. All it would take is a snap of the finger for me to shatter.

However, exploring these new physical desires has been something like an awakening. When he slowly touches me grazing my panty line my body ignites. Like coming alive for the first time except it happens every time he touches me.

We lie in bed facing one another and I've never felt so comfortable and at home with someone. I can't help but to kiss his beautiful lips. I pull on his hair and he lets out a little moan that makes me kiss him harder. "Fuck, the way you kiss me." He whispers as he starts lining my neck with kisses down to my shoulder. "Do you feel what you do to me?" I can feel him growing against my leg. And I fucking love making his body react like that. He leans up on one elbow and puts one hand through my hair. His eyes are peering into my soul. I'm mute. I can't form words. All I can feel is the wetness he's created between my legs just by kissing me.

"You look so freaking beautiful." He says to me with more passion than I've ever heard. I reach up and rub my thumb along his lower lip. "I want you to have me." I say with more confidence in anything I've said in my life. I want this man to take my virginity. Right now.

I can see his eyes go wide and feel him grow even harder through his pants.

"Are you sure?" He stutters out.

"More sure than anything else."