Rage

The heart never lied, in the circumstances of war and peace, the highest place is granted to the traitor heart which beats furiously as it remembers the foes and friends.

And Karma's stone heart wavered at his anger.

"You can't just leave like that Alistair, Arkalos has given you fame, the wealth of the three worlds, don't be thankless-"

"Now now Mr Darius let's not flow with the emotional avalanche, Arkalos has given him nothing, do you remember the first day he fought for you?....hmm maybe not but I do, he was defeated by Flynn Styx.

Mr Alessandro was twenty years old, a first level fighter and Flynn.... He was twenty nine with various medals struck at his chest for winning blood street fights.

Due to your incompetence, you made a fighter compete with a merciless killer....."

All lies

Tempting red blood was shining in those blue irises of Karma as she smiled sinisterly.

Maybe Flynn was a Street fighter with extreme fists who only quenched his thirst with blood but he didn't dare compete with Alistair in blood fights.

We all have skeletons in our closet. Some terrible, horrific dark secrets.

Alistair had one too.

He was the King in Underground of merciless combat. It was not only illegal but also one of the most dangerous places a man could be.

With his popularity one was bound to recognize him.

Everything had a price, Flynn too had his, a victory in exchange for keeping his mouth shut.

But how come a girl like Karma knows unless she was keeping tabs on him and had gone through his entire history, digging deep into the place she shouldn't.

Alistair wasn't startled though.

If she didn't knew about him...he would be afraid to state that he would be disappointed.

"I am not a pawn that you can control in your chess game Mr Darius and as I said before I would heavily appreciate it if you value my time because I am here only because of Alistair.

If you must know, I can bring your organization down in a single breath because you have not only partaken in illegal activities but also engangered the life of the Man whom the government wouldn't think twice before providing the highest protection.

You have my complete attention...so kindly use your words wisely-"

A hand wrapped around her thigh, squeezing softly, it stopped her angry outburst but even though the rageous thoughts remained imprisoned on her tongue the anger in eyes still burned fresh.

Only she had the complete right to belittle Alistair and only she had the authority to do it while laughing at his loss.

She would claw out the eyes of those who dared otherwise.

"As Miss Karma said, Darius, I have given you respect as well as a portion of my income, Arkalos was nothing but a mere company not even virtuous to hold a hundred people.

You had no empire but a small little place with fighters running as chickens.

And I have no greed or desire to have it so I hereby announce that Arkalos is completely yours, I am resigning and you have no say in it. I am not willing to take such risks for an organization which is not my only source.

They will fall at my feet, in less than a week I will the CEO of Xena and remember Darius I don't even need to try."

Darius and Oliver wanted to vomit blood, Xena was Arkalos' biggest competition, the board had been eyeing Alistair to join them since the beginning.