Protect

Alistair watched the woman he was attracted to walking away in anger, like the yin and yang meant to stick together he felt her anger but also felt the pain which she carried behind that mask.

She was so jealous and she hated feeling like that.

The woman he breathed like noxious yet sweet drug had a stone cold heart and nobody could blame him when he had taken upon himself to enter that cold place to light it with his warmth.

Because behind that frost glacial surface was something burning, her emotions and loyalty were unmatched but the bastard had hurt her too much that she resorted to the hard exterior.

And Alistair was mad in anger. Since the day she had told him about Alaric could not have a second of peaceful sleep. The angels of kindness enchanting a lullaby in his ears have grown black thorns.

But the chess pieces he had arranged were almost dangerous. To lure Cassius and Alaric he had constructed a maze and the paths were full of thorns.

Karma was a woman who had her self respect placed above everything. He didn't wanted to bring humiliation to her....never.

She was angry right now but if pushed too far away, she would leave the anger and accept that he wasn't hers and that Alistair wouldn't want that ever.

Alistair shook her head lightly at Scarlett as she watched Karma go.

"Come along, we need to have a talk." Alistair brushed off her comment without a single glance.

*********************
"Sir your plan is in motion."
Scarlett's lips curled in distaste at the thought of Alaric.

She was a prostitute picked up from a brothel from Los Angeles to entertain the likes of Alaric, beauty seemed to be embedded in each and every pore of her body but nevertheless she wasn't here for that.

She was simply given a task to carry information about the father-son duo and that was what she had done since a week.

Contacting her fellow sex workers, it wasn't difficult to know about Alaric but it wasn't exactly a piece of cake either.

She had put her life on line but the risk was all after worth it.

"You don't have to worry about it anymore, I have gained whatever information I wished to have. But there is another task, only if you are willing."

Transferred from Los Angeles two weeks ago, the woman had signed a contract, a piece of information would equal to thousands of dollars which was way more than what she could earn in her conservative job.

Furthermore she liked Alistair and couldn't even refuse him...not even if she tried too.

"Of course sir" she smiled.

He had himself recruited her, all domineering in black with eyes shining dangerously as he interrogated her at her humble adobe in Los Angeles, not even showing slight interest in her curvaceous body.

She was so close to believe that he was another ravishingly handsome man but a man nevertheless, more or less like Alaric who took her roughly only a day ago, even when she shouted words of pain...he didn't paid any heed to her....he treated her like thrash.

But a week had passed and since then Alistair had been nothing but an employer to her, whatever he had promised was provided to her without any issue.

Scarlett would not even bat an eyelash if he wished to enjoy her body but only jump at the opportunity, he was way more than any man could be and she desired him like anything.

"The woman I had argument with right now..." Alistair sighed.

Scarlett thought that he would ask her to completely eradicate her....her name was Karma as she had heard from their conversation and smiled sinisterly, if her boss hated that woman, she had no problems with making her life hell.

".....Protect her, even the earth splits into half, the skies fall down crushing the ground, even if the world collapses....protect her at any cost, not a single hair of hers should be harmed."

Alistair closed his eyes leaning back, his head resting on the back of the emperor chair.

"I..." Scarlett opened her mouth, her eyes widening.. processing the words, taking them in one by one.

Her smile vanished and was replaced with a stoic face.

"Oh so you like her." She spat acidly.

Alistair opened his eyes looking at her brown irises with disinterest.

"I hate her.

But she is mine"

The way his jaw clenched depicted the perfect picture of how raged his mind was. He had not forgotten her denial but the possessive animal in him refused to let go of her.

"Only I have the right to humiliate her and fight with."
Karma was trying her best in pushing people away.

But Alistair wasn't some 'people'.

"Miss Scarlett, I am not a nice person, neither the woman you are assigned to is an angel in the least. Your tone portrays your inner emotions which sounded almost like a threat to Karma in my ears.

I assure you, as long as you remain loyal to us, nothing would be able to harm you but if you turn against my girl I promise the things would get ugly.

You can start your new life here and there is no issue with it, you can start your own family and I will protect them all, you can do whatever you feel like.....until you try to threat someone you shouldn't.

If I can give you a thousand times better life... be assured I can give you hundred times worse too."

Scarlett felt tremors running down her spine, tears of horror glistening in her eyes.

"Would you force me to go back to the brothel now that I have displeased you?" The woman asked in fear.

"If you don't wish to do something nobody can force you similarly if I don't wish to give you anymore money, you cannot force me either.

The choice is yours,
first, take the money and leave now.

Second Be Karma's shadow and protect her or third, be her enemy and live on streets only to die sooner or later."

Scarlett looked up at him with a determined face.

"If you promise that the son of that drug Lord will be punished, I promise to be your side."

" If that's your choice then be assured Miss Scarlett, your safety is my responsibility and your revenge is Karma's... "

**********************************

Your girl has joined college and online classes are sooooooo hectic... I hate this!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭