Burning

"So Alistair Alessandro is your fiance?"
Alaric's tongue would have poured out poison if it could.

The girl had the audacity to flaunt her perfect relationship when she starved for him at one point in her life.

"You haven't told Dad that you are marrying." Violet watched Alistair in distaste. Although the woman could never deny that charm and power the man exhilarate in his each move but she remained wary.

Karma could have grinned at the moment, to see Alaric burning, she would do whatever it takes, ignoring him she choose to answer Violet.

"Umm it was something which we had no control on, the first moment I saw him.... I knew I had found my other half, the person meant to be mine in all the lives ever existing.

Till we are alive and after we are dead. He proposed me and I had absolutely no reason to deny my feelings, I will tell Dad soon though, I feel so guilty already." She said in a small voice.

How ironic Karma thought.

Soulmates

She made eye contact with Alistair watching Alaric with a twisted smile.

He was her soulmate indeed.

Although Alistair could sense a sweet anger dripping from her tone of accusation but his heart melted with her words.

At the same time Karma wanted to smack her head hard, those words were a power boost to Alistair.

"Enough about my girlfriend, let's have the deal signed now."

*************************

The father son duo parted after the deal with hundreds of loopholes, while they were satisfied with all the clauses stated, Violet was not so she asked to stay back.

Before Cassius can agree Alaric agreed in a heartbeat.

"Ofcourse love, you need to catch-up with your sister too."

The more time she took, the more he had to fuck someone into submission imagining of then as the blue eyed beauty he saw today, Karma.

Violet smiled at him sweetly, kissing his cheek.

That sweet smiled disappeared turning down in a scowl as her heels clicked on the ground marching right into Karma's Office but before her palm could make contact with the cool surface of steel handle, a figure came in between making the woman step back.

"Miss, our Boss is not available." Scarlett looked at her manicured nail in interest, not bestowing a glance at Violet.

If that woman could protect such a monster then there was no respect for her.

"Call her out." Violet gritted her teeth in rage as the Scarlett face curled into a mocking smile.

"Karma!" Violet should making some of the office members stop and look at all the commotion going on. Scarlett whose face was calm till now, morphed into a sneer.

"You b-"

"Scarlett, let the woman in." Alistair motioned the girl who scoffed and went away clearing path for Violet who did not gave a look to Alistair standing outside Karma's office and made herself step in.

The aroma of roses filled her nostrils and nostalgia hit her with full force.

She used to pluck fresh roses for her four year old sister only to boil and make oil from it. Just because Karma liked it Violet did it.

But now things have changed drastically.

Karma sat on the emperor chair working on laptop when she saw Violet with hard angry eyes looking at her.

"Vi-"

"Don't you dare take my name! Why are you again in Alaric's life? Why don't you leave him alone. "

Karma just stood up a, her stature a bit lower than Violet's 5'6 height with Violet dress fitting her like a glove.

"What are you talking about Vi, I have left him alone a long time ago, I have forgiven him."

Karma's soft voice was followed by a defying silence which was filled by an echoing sound.

A red hand was imprinted upon Karma's left cheek as it turned with force but the girl looked as calm as ever as if she had not been just slapped.

But the women who raised her hand clutched it to her chest, never ending tears flowing down her irises.

"What has he done to you...." Violet's pained weeping was similar to a mother who had gone through hell and heaven to keep her child safe and had failed losing her only part to the darkness.

Her lips wobbled furiously as tears refused to discontinue, trembling fingers tracing the red mark in pure agony. Her shaky palm engulfed Karma's face as she looked at the girl who she had failed.

Karma bit her lip, tears dribbling down her cheek as Violet pulled her close, holding Karma to herself crying hysterically, muffling her sobs.

"h-he took you...t-took my b-baby away from me." Karma wrapped her arms tighter around her sister...her mother....who had practically raised her.

Violet had endured nothing but hell fires all these years, staying close to the man who had ruined he person she loved the most had killed little by little everyday.

Karma who had never even stepped out of the house, knowing that, that Karma would be away from her home at an unknown place surrounded with unknown people at the age of sixteen....that age where she should have been living freely, her sister was dying every single day and Violet could not even breathe without pain ripping her apart.

The Karma for whom Violet had always prepared lunch so she did not eat things from outside, the same girl...was she even having a one time meal...that thought didn't let her eat.

Her father told how Karma had almost fled that night and Violet was shook. She had never ever thought in even her worse nightmares that the child whom she had kept clutched to her heart, a bastard would make her feel so worthless as to leave.

Leave her own family.

What caused Violet the most pain was seeing Karma so robotic, her emotions so guarded, how easily the girl said she felt nothing for Alaric when Violet knew that she wanted to kill him....how he had forced his sister to be nothing but a soul full of vengeance.

Violet had always wished happiness and only happiness for Karma and such tragedy would befall had broken her each second of her life.