Chapter 17 - The Trip

Warning: This chapter contains scenes of a sexual nature. Reader discretion is advised.

Emotions were strange beasts, I decided. After what happened at Gadwall Lake, I expected to feel remorseful, or at least more concerned than I did. In fact, I should have been terrified of the repercussions of what Richard and I had done, but instead I went about my chores with a spring in my step. I relived the memories of Friday night as I worked, and I even caught myself singing out loud while mucking out the horses. I was in no less danger than previously, but something inside me had shifted, and I floated through the weekend on cloud nine.

How could the possibility of execution seem so unimportant?

Perhaps this was what insanity felt like.

Monday evening could not come around fast enough. When it did, Richard came to the door of his bedroom and opened it for me, instead of calling me to enter as usual. We had barely had a chance to speak since Friday, so after three days, I was slightly unsure what to expect.

Once I was inside his room, he closed the door gently behind me and locked it.

He had never locked the door before. Perhaps that was why the sound of the bolt clicking aroused me, a shiver rolling from the base of my neck all the way down my spine. I felt flushed and my breathing got shallower before he had even laid a finger on me.

"I have missed you," Richard spoke quietly but intently. He gently put the palm of his hand against my cheek, and I closed my eyes as he moved it back into my hair. His fingers entwined themselves into the hair at the back of my head, and he pulled me towards him until our lips met. I melted into the kiss while he kept me on my feet by wrapping his other arm solidly around my centre. I had missed his tongue moving over mine and I ached for more.

I still had my eyes closed when he pulled back and, humming, he slipped his hand into mine. I opened my eyes and let him lead me to the bed. He positioned me so I could sit, and then he unbuttoned his shirt and removed the upper layer of his clothing while I watched, entranced. His resplendent bare chest had my full attention and he knew it.

His gaze turned predatory as he placed his knees on the bed, either side of my hips, and he balanced himself lightly on my thighs. It seemed I was the prey; completely vulnerable to him.

Richard unbuttoned my shirt and his fingers trailed over my neck and shoulders smoothly as he pushed it off them and down over my arms, leaving prickles of pleasure wherever they brushed against me.

His mouth was on mine again as he pushed me backwards onto the bed. His body hovered over mine as he skilfully removed the rest of our clothes. When he lowered himself, naked, and lay flush against me, it was like every nerve in my body was engulfed in flames. I ran my hands over every inch of his exposed back while moving my hips up against his. His warm mouth slid fervently to my neck. There was something about the way his rough chin felt against my skin that made it tingle in the best way possible, and I inadvertently whimpered, bucking slightly in the process.

"I have missed you and your beautiful noises so much," he growled against my neck, grinding his hips against mine. The voracity with which his lips moved over my skin increased significantly, running up and down my neck without missing a spot, making me all but cry out in pleasure.

Richard rolled onto one side and grasped my wrist with his hand, guiding it down between his legs. His eyes begged me to pleasure him, so I wrapped my fingers around him gently. He let go of my wrist and let me play. He groaned with unfocused eyes as I stroked him, and then his hand reached for me too. A jolt of electricity sparked where he touched me and pulsed through every nerve ending. We kissed, panting and tongues flicking, as we fondled each other, tension building until the need to release was agonising. With every muscle taut, I climaxed hard into Richard's firm grasp, and seconds later his relief spilled in powerful bursts onto my fingers.