Oscar

The boy sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He had forgotten just how powerful these emotions could be. He had forgotten just how loud pain was as it roared in the back of his head.

Samuel knew that this pain would be temporary. But it didn't make it hurt any less. If anything, it made it hurt even more. Knowing that this pain was as temporary as the seven letters he wrote brought him little solace.

Like clockwork, he filled each single envelope and licked them all shut. Then placed them all into the bigger envelope.

He brought up the old address on his phone. He'd kept Oscar's contact information after all these years. Hoping, one day he would call and apologize. Propose friendship, even.

That day never came.

Samuel didn't kiss this envelope.

But he did let his hand rest over it. Samuel didn't believe in witchcraft and charging things with positive energy. Even so, he whispered a few well wishes into the sealed envelope. There was a childish part of him that hoped they'd reach their intended audience in good faith.

"Goodbye, Oscar."

Samuel said goodbye to his first heartbreak, and wrote to the third individual.

🦋

Vote and/or Comment if you enjoyed this part!

🦋