Letter Five

Dear Fleur,

I wanted to be the real me so bad.

I was ready to face the social stigma and hate.
I was so ready to deal with people telling me who they thought I should be.

But, damn, I was so not ready for my own laziness!

If it weren't for you, it would've taken me forever to transition!

You, though,
were never one to be deterred.
Once you set your mind to something, you did everything in your power to achieve it.

So you came to all my doctors appointments on the days when Page was too busy.
You made sure I took my pills and followed every instruction to the letter.
With me starting at a high dosage, you had me record my progress everyday in case they needed to be lowered.

Every little detail
was given ample attention.

When my skin became drier, you bought me new moisturizer with better hydration.
We cheered when the appearance of my pores shrunk and my face was less oily.
As it became easier for me to bruise and take longer to heal from cuts, you joked about baby proofing our room.

(Which we eventually had to do because I couldn't stop walking into every table and corner)

When my boobs first started coming in, we cried.
Me, because it fucking hurt.
You, because now I was a part of the Itty Bitty Titty Gang and you couldn't breathe through the laughing.
Bitch.
Whelp, at least you bought me a cute pink training bra to make up for it.
Ah, my first bra.

You took the sight of my hips and thighs filling out as the time to go shopping for tighter skirts and booty shorts.
With my weight fluctuating, you were the one to make sure we worked out to maintain good muscle mass.
I never went hungry as you reminded me three times a day (sometimes when you were even in class!) to eat however much I could stomach.

My face softened and we both joked how much I looked like my grandmother did in her old pictures.
Lao Lao was pleased that I resembled her and it still warms my heart to this day.

I never had thick
or plenty of facial hair.
But damn did it refuse to thin out!
We knew electrolysis would have to be a must in the future.

(Money well spent, I know that.
I'm just happy you're not waxing my face anymore!)

You always kept me positive
after my consultations with my speech specialist.
It took a lot of time and effort to get Stella's voice just right.
With you and Mrs. Kay's help,
I never gave up!
I got there.
I like to think I sound extra cute now.

People warning us about how this would be a second puberty for me weren't joking at all!
Shit.
Fleur, you deserve
the whole damn world.

You graduated high school thinking you were leaving all the hormonal idiots behind.
Just to go and room with someone who didn't have a grip on their emotions and refused psychotherapy at first.
I'll admit it myself,
I was a tough case to tackle.
But, like I said, once you put your mind to something that was it.

So, you stuck it out with Stella.

You comforted her when she needed it and put her in her place when she really needed it.

Total TMI for anyone else.
But since it's just me and you,
I know it's whatever.
The thing that makes me laugh the most was the day we realized my erections were dying off.
I hated looking down there
and you understood.
Even so, I don't think either of us have ever been so deliriously happy until we realized my balls were shrinking up.
Not all the way like I wanted.
But there was just enough to construct my future kitty and that's what matters!

Ah, I think this might be my favorite letter to write, Fleur.
Remembering that roller-coaster of transitioning has me smiling the biggest smile ever.
I can't wait to see you at dinner tonight.

🌷

Vote and/or Comment if you enjoyed this part!

🌷