Blake

Some people hide their emotions. Blake buried them so deep that no one could decipher them until it was too late.

They often wished they could go back in time and ask Blake, Why? Where had things gone so wrong to the point where Blake didn't want to live? What point had been touched where they couldn't have been of any use? Where had their friendship gone? Was it even as strong as they thought it was if it was so easy for Blake to up and leave like that?

And with no note too.

They wiped the salty tears from their cheeks and sniffed. Thinking of Blake always made them not feel like themselves. They always felt like Alice when she was stuck in Wonderland with nothing ever being as true as it seemed.

That's what it felt like to think of Blake.

Blake was a memory where minimal happiness could be found.

There was only bitterness and betrayal. It hurt them. But they didn't feel guilty for it.

Their pain was justified. Their hatred was justified. Their broken emotions were justified.

Because they deserved a better goodbye. They deserved better than walking in on a dead body covered in vomit and alcohol.

They scribbled Dove's new address over the large envelope and sighed. She always wanted to know these things about Blake but they didn't have the heart to tell her after his death. They hoped these raw musings from their heart would fill in the blanks of who Blake was.

They cleaned their face one last time and let the black ink bleed Dove's letters to life.

🦋

Vote and/or Comment if you enjoyed this part!

🦋