CHAPTER 11: Kamille

I don't like it when we tell people about how we met. I mean, sure I tried being light hearted about it earlier when I told my new employee Cassidy but especially when he tells people, I don't like him living with regret about it as I can see the guilt in his face every time.

"But he proved himself and showed me he grew up." I smiled at him.

Mr. Denton looked back and forth a little at us and then smiled.

"That's good. Because sometimes people never do grow up and out of that bully phase." He says.

"Yeah, we got lucky." Larkin tells him.

We spent the next couple of hours talking and getting to know one another better and I must say that I find him not to be so bad of a guy. Then we said 'good night" and headed off to bed.

*****The Next Morning*****

After dropping off the kids at school, I headed over towards the bakery and for the first several hours things seemed to be going great so far.

Then during the afternoon, I had spent the next few hours trying to figure out payroll and taking a look at the bills from electricity to all the fun things I need to have to make the bakery continue working.

Afterwards, I had gone to pick up our son, Liam from daycare and Rosemary from school. Then while standing there waiting, I started talking to one of the parents to kill some time.

"So did you hear about the new fifth grade teacher?" The mother asks me.

"No." I replied.

"I heard she's a real bitch and seems very militant. Very harsh." She says.

"Oh geez. How do people like that get a job teaching?" I asked.

"I don't know, but hopefully she won't be there by the time our kids get to the fifth grade." She laughs.

"Hopefully. Because if anybody talked to my kids like they were in military school, I would have to have a few words." I added.

The bell rang and soon after, the kids from the entire building (grades Kindergarten to fifth grade) began coming out so fast as if there was a fire or something.

I understand though, I didn't care too much for school myself. Well, more from middle school to high school more.

Soon after, I saw Rosemary call me running out as she always does to greet me, with a huge smile and so much excitement before wrapping both her arms around me as I do the same and we give one another a huge hug.

"Hey sweetie. How was your day?" I ask.

"It was good." She shrugged a little.

"Yeah? Whatchya do?" I ask as we start walking back towards the car while telling me she had painted a butterfly.

After getting her brother out of the stroller then into the car and her, I get in and we start taking off, listening to her tell me more about her day.

While on our way home, we stop at a light and while waiting for it to turn green, I look over to my right where Mr. Denton's office is at and notice him laughing and talking with a guy who looks to be around my age and a bit familiar? Though I have no clue who it is because I can't get that good of a look at him.

I start to hear a honk behind me and start to drive home.

A few hours after we had gotten home, it looked as though Larkin had to work late and so once I finished putting the kids to bed and started cleaning up the table downstairs, I heard my phone go off and before answering it, saw it was Mr. Denton.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello Mrs. Simms. I hope I'm not bothering you." He mentions.

"No, of course not. I just finished putting the kids to bed." I tell him.

"Oh okay. I just called because I would like to invite you and your husband as well as Nate and Kylie to a little birthday party I am having this Friday at my home and would also like to introduce you to my nephew who will, starting Monday, be assisting me and showing him how to run the business."

"Oh?" I reply.

Why is it that I get a weird feeling when he says nephew? Maybe that was who I saw him laughing with today.

"Okay. Thank you. I will talk to Larkin about it tonight." I smile.

"Great! Hope to see you both there." He says before we hang up.

Damn, with a man that has money like he does, I am sure his parties are really nice and fancy. Well, looks like I will have to go shopping.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) Also, I edited the daughter's age in chapter four realizing that this taking place 9 years later, and the daughter was five eight years later after everything had happened, I fixed it to where she would be turning six years old soon since this is a year after the '8 years' epilogue in the first book. :) Sorry about that guy's. :):)