CHAPTER 27: Kamille

I couldn't tell you what had come over me when I grabbed the gun from that asshole's hand, nor did I even know it was going to work because I haven't really punched anybody before and to be honest, I was so caught up in the moment with my adrenaline pumping I didn't really acknowledge the pain of my knuckles until I sat down at the table.

Maybe what came over me was a part of my 'mother's instinct' and being so protective along with some pent up anger and frustration I apparently still had against Ashton both old and new.

We all got ourselves prepared and ready for whatever was yet to come.

Now, on the outside, I was collected for the most part but on the inside, I was feeling sick to my stomach and terrified while becoming also soon worried that this plan was not going to work.

I hear Ashton's dad grunt loudly in the back seat of the car as I have now been driving in his car now for the last almost twenty minutes and am getting more and more nervous the closer we continue to get to the location.

"Shut up!" Mr. Denton tells him.

Larkin and Nate had both taken Nate's car (which was a dark tinted window car and drove behind us but quickly turned off their lights the moment we got closer to the park.

This was it, no turning back now or backing down. THIS was the ONLY option left for us to do and I was going to prove to Ashton that I was not afraid of him any more and make sure that he left for good.

Nate and Larkin both pull into the parking lot at the first entrance without their lights on still and where the parking lot lights aren't at while I pulled into a spot at the next entrance to the parking lot.

I noticed immediately in the middle of the wide opened park stood Ashton, but no kids or Kylie. I bet that bitch Carrie, fucking is holding them or something.

I take in a deep breath and let it out before reminding Mr. Denton to wait for me to give the signal and then start getting out and walking cautiously towards Ashton.

My gut is telling me that something was off with this whole thing and overall just not right. I couldn't help but feel worried that there was something he had up his sleeve and that I may be way in over my head here.

However, I wasn't leaving here without the guarantee that my family and friends and I were free forever of him and his father, as well as getting back my children and best friend-I swear to god if I find out he hurt any of them.

"Where's my father?" He asks as I get several feet from him now and stop.

"He's in the car. He told me that he felt you and I needed to talk." I lie to him.

He looks at me suspiciously for a moment and I felt in the back of my head that this might not work. But that brief moment went away quickly.

"Huh." He scoffs.

"Where's Kylie and my kids?" I ask him.

"Oh, they're around. You see, I thought you and I should talk first before I give them to you." He mentions.

"There is no business between us." I remind him. "And I sure as hell am never getting back with you." I tell him.

"Pff, like I really want you anyways." He tells me.

"Then what is it? Why did you want me to come here?!" I demanded.

"You have something that I want. I gave it to you a month before we 'broke up' and it costs far more than your life." He mentions.

"And what is this thing you're talking about exactly? If memory serves me right, I remember you never gave me anything. No jewelry or any so called 'gift' that I would consider valuable in any way. You sure you have the right girl? Because in case you've forgotten, I was your punching bag for years and...." Right when I say the last thing, I started to get a flashback of a memory on one of our so called 'dates' and how he gave me.....Oh my god.

"You remember now?" He asks in an evil tone with a grin to match.

Suddenly I felt horrified. The very thing he is meaning that he wants back I no longer have anymore. I got rid of it. In fact, I never packed it when I eventually left my house. Oh shit.

This isn't going to end the way I had hoped. I have no way in giving him the very thing he wants and get my kids back as well as Kylie in return. This is bad.

Think Kamille THINK!!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)