CHAPTER 17: Kamille

I was freaking out in my head while trying to hurry and grab my robe on the arm chair we have by our window and start to put it on.

I know that Larkin told me to stay here but I still needed to at least have something on.

I began thinking that maybe it was a thief or a murderer.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I hear Larkin snap at whoever was at the door.

"I'm sorry bro. I tried knocking downstairs, I didn't hear nothing and then I noticed the front door was unlocked." I heard Ashton's deep husky voice.

"That doesn't give you a right to come walking in! At least you could have tried to call or something." Larkin snaps at him more.

"Sorry man." He says.

I couldn't even look at Ashton as I felt he was looking at me. In which thankfully Larkin noticed because I heard him clear his throat and then quickly close the door some more before telling him to wait downstairs.

After closing the door, we both seemed to let out a breath we apparently hadn't realized we were holding in.

"Are you alright baby?" Larkin asks me as he walks up to me and starts to rub my arms.

"Yes." I nod my head in reassurance.

"If you want, I'll head downstairs and see what the hell he was doing here in the first place and you can stay here." He suggests.

"Okay." I nodded in agreement.

He then lifts up my chin and we smile at each other then he gives me a passionate kiss and hurries to put on his basketball shorts on along with his guy tank then heads downstairs.

Why the hell did Ashton think it was okay to come into the house?!

Then almost immediately, I began to think of something that caused my stomach to turn a bit. What if he watched Larkin and I making love to each other? I mean, that does sound like something he would do.

Damnit! I should have told Larkin that night after the dinner about Ashton being my ex and what he told me. I can't believe I didn't. Well, now I don't want to go out to dinner tonight knowing that Ashton could come in at anytime.

While sitting on the edge of the bed and thinking some more about what just happened, I decided to take a shower and get dressed to get ready to pick the kids up since they were getting out of school and daycare in an hour.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw that Larkin had a look upon his face that I couldn't decipher right away.

"Babe?" I start to ask him. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." He replies. "I just had a talk with him and he apologized. Then began telling me about some people that he knows, or more like connections, that he had told about my gym and the clothing line and everything and mentioned that they would like to meet with me. Possibly do even a deal."

"Like who?" I asked curiously.

He then looks at me and begins to smile very big before naming off a few of the potential investors and they were big timers. They could help promote his line of Active wear along with his gym and much more. Wow, this was like a dream come true really.

Then again, this IS Ashton we are talking about here. I don't see how he would know all those people. I mean, granted, he has always been good at talking with people and not to mention, with who his uncle is, it could be possible.

Suddenly though, I start to snap back to reality. I wanted to tell him how I truly felt about this.

"That's great baby." I smile at him. "But, are you sure you can trust Ashton?"

"What do you mean? He said his Uncle had this idea and that these were the contacts his Uncle was mentioning in having me meet when he returned, but since he wasn't sure if it would be later than he had anticipated originally, he wanted Ashton to set it up." He says with so much excitement in his voice.

I need to tell him. I need to tell him about Ashton and I as well as how and why I feel the way I do about him.

Larkin has to have already noticed how forced my kindness and behavior has been around Ashton lately. I never can hide how I feel about someone from him.

We both made a promise to one another to not hide anything from each other and I don't want to any longer.

Well, here goes nothing......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)