CHAPTER 20: Larkin

It has now been a few days since Kamille told me about hers and Ashton's history together and he has been scarce for a while now.

Although on one hand, I guess it's a good thing because I don't feel like talking to him. I honestly feel more like beating him so severe that he doesn't remember his name or anything for that matter.

However, Kamille made me promise not to kill or hurt him that bad because of the consequences such as me going to prison and us losing everything including our businesses.

She did however, suggest I speak with Mr. Denton about Ashton and at first I was hesitant but then agreed it was a good idea. I mean, after all, it isn't just Kamille and I that had taken notice many times whenever they were together that Mr. Denton would be irritated with him mostly.

So I gave him a call and left a message on his voicemail. He wasn't due back for another month now and I knew he was busy, so I hadn't figured he would even get back to me anytime soon.

While I was sitting in my office at the gym, going over the plans and a few ideas on how to show some ideas to the men Mr. Denton wanted to let in on this project of mine, my phone went off.

When I looked down and saw it was Denton, I of course had answered it quickly.

"Hey Mr. Denton." I greeted him.

"Hello Mr. Simms. I'm sorry for not returning your call any sooner. I've just been a very busy man. But the good news is, I will be returning back home in a few days. I got everything done sooner than I had thought I would." He chuckled.

"Well that's always good to get things done and over with sooner than planned." I replied.

"Yes well, I wanted to ask you if the reason you called was because of my nephew." He mentions.

Oh God. Is that a good thing or a bad thing he already knows about the reason I called?!

"To be honest, yes it is. Listen, I don't know know how to tell you this Mr. Denton but, it seems that Ashton and my wife used to date and she recently has told me that he had threatened her and my family if she didn't do as he asked." I start telling him.

I don't care if this drops the deal between him and I but I do care a hell of a lot more for my family than some stupid deal.

There is silence shared between us that to tell you the truth, has me a bit worried. Any moment I was waiting for him to break the silence and tell me he didn't believe me or say something about Kamille and start to defend his nephew. But he didn't. I heard a big sigh over on his end of the line before he began replying.

"I am sorry. I am truly sorry to the both of you. I thought he could change." I hear him mumble into the phone.

"What do you mean? Did you know he was like this? Psychotic? And you had us try and befriend him? You have allowed us to invite him into our home!" I say the last part through clenched teeth as I was getting upset.

"I know. And I am truly sorry. Yes, I thought he could change and at first it seemed promising. But now I see that I misjudged him. Listen to me. You and your family have to make sure that you keep as far away from him as possible." He begins to warn.

"Why?" I asked feeling a bit worried by the way he said that.

"Because you have no idea the things he is capable of doing." He starts.

"Yeah, Kamille gave me a pretty good idea." I tell him.

"I am truly sorry to you both and it will probably be best you don't tell him I am returning home soon. But when I do, I will take care of him." He finishes.

Suddenly, I hear the office door swing open and in walks a panting Nate. 

"Larkin, Kamille has been hurt." He tells me.

"What?!" I panicked as I stood up abruptly from out of my chair. "I'll have to call you back Denton." That was all I said to him before hanging up and hurrying behind Nate towards the truck.

I swear to God if I find out that bastard fucking touched her......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)