CHAPTER 13: Kamille

I was startled a little bit as soon as we heard the door to the dining room open abruptly and in walked a casually dressed guy who had slicked back hair and took a seat at the other end of the table - opposite from Mr. Denton.

"You're late." Mr. Denton says between clenched teeth.

"Sorry uncle, but I told you before that I had some business to take care of." He grins at Mr. Denton while we all share a moment of awkward silence.

"Forget it. You're here now. Also, I want to introduce you to our newest clients. Larkin Simms and his beautiful wife, Kamille Simms." Mr. Denton introduces us. "And everyone, this is my nephew, Ashton."

There is something that's familiar about his nephew. I can't figure it out entirely though. So I try and forget about it as we begin to eat and chat.

Everybody seemed real nice except Ashton, he seemed to have been causing tension in the air with Mr. Denton. Not to mention the fact that I have caught him several times out the corner of my eye, looking at me.

Throughout the entire dinner, I would have to say things were....interesting, to say the least. But I have sat through worst.

Then after we finish, Mr. Denton takes into another big room that he calls the living room but I think of it as almost the size of a hallway.

We all sit around drinking and talking. Then I excuse myself for a moment to check-in on the kids. Not that I don't trust Cassidy but they are my babies.

So I find a place in the hallway that is away from everyone and begin to call.

"Hey Cassidy. How are the kids? Have they given you any trouble yet?" I ask her.

"No, they are great actually. I just finished putting them to bed half an hour ago. I swear I have never known a kid more excited to go to sleep than your daughter." She chuckles.

"Yeah, she loves her dreams." I smile. "Well again, I appreciate this. Both Larkin and I do." I mention.

"Of course." She replies.

"Well, we shouldn't be here much longer." I assure her.

"Oh no worries. I am sure you guys don't have many opportunities to go out and have some alone time so enjoy."

"Thanks." I replied.

After hanging up the phone and feeling a bit more relieved, I turned around to start heading back when I stop abruptly after noticing Ashton leaning against the wall with a grin that makes me quickly remember why he looks familiar.

"My my my. Who would have thought you would ever get married and have kids. Let alone a business." He remarks.

Suddenly a flood of emotions came over me and I started to get anxious, nervous and felt like my air supply was becoming more restrictive by the minute as he started to walk towards me.

"Ashton. Please." I start to say.

"Mmm...my god how I've missed hearing you say my name." He smirks.

I soon hit my back against a door as he moves in closer and looks me up and down.

"Ashton. We should get back to everyone." I start to tell him as I try and hide the fear.

"Oh we will. Don't worry. I must say though, you look really good. Better than before. Now you have the perfect curves." He mentions.

Why is he still affecting me this way and making me feel fear?!? He was now inches away and I could feel his breath on me.

So I hurried and tried to walk around him when he stopped me and grabbed my wrist.

"Let go of me." I tell him while trying to wriggle free my wrist from his grasp.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't find you?" He asks me.

I swallowed then and there a huge lump in my throat. He did always say he would find me no matter where I went.

Finally I was able to break free from his grasp and then quickly headed back into the living room with everyone.

I tried to hide my emotions and because of Ashton and the way he treated me in the past, I learned to put on a nice face. However, I did pretend that I had started my period and needed to go home, so we did.

Thankfully there isn't much explaining you have to do or questions you need to answer when you use that.

Later on tonight, I had a dream, or what I actually would call more like a nightmare of when I was with Ashton. I really hope that he doesn't interfere with mine and Larkin's relationship and or especially our kids.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)