CHAPTER 25: Kamille

It's been a couple of days since the kids, Kylie and Cassidy left to hide and I miss our babies and Kylie more than anything.

It seems that my frustration, anger and agitation as well as patience keeps being tested everyday more and more. And it's all because of Ashton.

We were supposed to meet up with him yesterday but, for some reason he couldn't. So then we arranged to meet with him today and to find out what exactly it was that he wanted.

I have gone over and over again in my head about what the hell I ever saw in him but, then I stop myself as I don't want to remember.

People say that life is better without regrets and the most important thing is that we learn from our mistakes instead and move on. Pff, yeah, that sounds good and all but in this particular case, that doesn't seem to be an option available for me to take.

We finally heard Mr. Denton's phone go off in the living room as we all have been sitting around and waiting to hear if it's a 'go' or not tonight in us meeting up with him.

"Alright. But Ash....Fine. Yes. See you then." We hear him say through gritted teeth as he squeezes the phone before hanging up and looking real upset.

"So what's the plan?" Cassidy's and Ashton's father asks him.

Mr. Denton shakes his head and then looks over at me with a softer look now and has what looks to be sympathetic.

"What?" I ask him feeling nervous.

"He wants to only speak to you." He stands up from the arm chair and starts walking over towards the table where Larkin, Nate and I were sitting at.

"Alone?" I confirm.

"Yes." He replies. 

"Well that isn't happening." Larkin states.

"I don't like the idea either, but we have to." He says with a more concerned kind of a look upon his face as he gets closer to us and shakes a little in a nervous way as he slowly begins to hand me his phone.

We all look at him bewildered a bit then when I take the phone from his hand and both Larkin and I begin to look down at his oh me, I notice it's a video that was sent to him through a text and as soon as I press 'play', I suddenly begin to feel nauseated.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This seriously could not be happening right now. How did he.... I try and fight back tears as I look back at him and hand him his phone back.

"How. In. The. He'll....Did Ashton get to them?" I asked while also trying to holds back some anger but could feel my blood begin to boil more and was getting ready to explode.

"You fucking lied to us!" Larkin snaps at him and stands up from his chair.

"No. I swear. I don't know how the hell he got to your kids, or Kylie...." He begins to protest but then stops himself and begins muttering some things below his breath and pulling at his short hair.

"What?!" Larkin asks pissed off.

"I can't believe I didn't see this coming." He begins to say.

"What?!" Nate asks in a demanding way.

Then as soon as Mr. Denton starts turning his head to look at Cassidy's father, we follow his eyes and we notice right away that her father has now suddenly pulled out two guns pointing at us all.

What the fuck?!? Oh heeeeelllll nah.

"Sorry guys. A father has to do whatever it takes to protect his family." He smirks while looking at us all then looks at me.

"And you....darlin' are gonna come with me quietly and we're gonna get this whole thing figured out." He grins in an evil and mischievous way.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask as we all now have our hands up.

"Come on...." Mr. Denton tried to talk to him but the guy immediately points one of the guns at Me. Denton.

"Come in nothing. I have wasted years of my life, living in your fucking shadow. I've heard you talk shit about my son as if he isn't good enough. You have NEVER had my back on anything." He begins telling Denton.

"So that's what this is about? You're gonna let your jealousy and pathetic issue with me be the reason you kill these innocent people? Is that gonna really make you feel better?" Denton asks through gritted teeth.

"Oh no, that won't-at least not entirely. And as far as me feeling better in general and the fact that I could shoot you all right here and now, I won't. Because my son and Kamille here have some unfinished business." He finishes.

What the hell could he be talking about 'unfinished business'?!!

Okay, now I'm FURIOUS......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)