sixty seven

The party was a success, everything worked out and everyone loved it. The kids had a blast, the parents really liked Aaron and I. It really took a lot of stress off of me, they had all been so welcoming and nice. I actually made a few new friends, which I didn't usually do. I only really liked talking to the team, I kind of blocked all my other friends out.

I stood in my kitchen, making Jack a grilled cheese as he sat at the table, playing with his action figures. I flipped the sandwich in the pan with a spatula, "Why don't you stay here more? I like it here more than I like daddy's" I glanced over at him, seeing he was already staring directly at me.

I shook my head, "I like staying with you guys, and I don't think dad would want to stay here" I admitted, and he frowned a little,

"That's silly, he should like it here. It's so big, my room here is so cool! It has a tv and a bunch of comics!" He reminded me, and I chuckled. I put the now finished grilled cheese onto a plate, grabbing his cup of juice as I walked closer to him.

"Maybe, if we get lucky, I can convince your dad to let us stay here more often" My house had two floors, plenty of bedrooms and enough room for if he ever decided he wanted to start a bigger family with me.

I really liked my house, but if he wanted to stay in the apartment, I wouldn't fight him. I know it would be hard for Jack, no matter how much he liked it here. Moving more than three times in the span of two years has to take a toll on a kid. "Where is daddy?" He asked me, and I sat down next to him.

"He had a meeting with the rest of the team, but he said I could stay home with you for a bit. I don't have to be in the office for another few hours" I smiled warmly, and he shot one right back at me.

Aaron walked into the meeting room, shutting the door behind him as he examined the team in front of him. Derek raised a brow, "Where's Gordon?" He asked, "And what's the emergency? Shouldn't the whole team be here?" Aaron almost basically ignored him, walking to the front of the room.

Everyone was watching him, trying to profile him. He wasn't breakable though, the man always looked like an angry statue.

Or at least, almost always. He accidentally let a smile show, "We don't have a case today, actually" He revealed, and everyone exchanged confused looks, "I need your help" He slid his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small box, "I've got a plan, but I don't think it'll work without you guys" His smile was more noticeable now, and Penelope gasped.

"No way!" Emily almost yelled, and everyone quickly stood as they rushed towards him. He opened the box, revealing a smaller gold ring, just like Veronica had wanted. In the center was a small sapphire, and lined on either side was three smaller diamonds.

"I got a sapphire. Obviously, she doesn't know I bought it, but she always talks about how ever since she was a kid she wanted her birthstone on her engagement ring" He explained, "She said it also had something to do with being a Virgo? I don't... I don't really know, honestly" He admitted, and everyone started to laugh.

Spencer nodded, "That sounds like Ron" He ensured, and Rossi took the box to examine the jewelry closer.

"It's absolutely beautiful, she's going to love it" Ashley told him with a genuine smile on her face, and Derek instantly agreed.

"What's the plan, Hotch?" He asked, and so he started explaining it. And he went on for almost an hour describing his very thought out plan, until Spencer's phone started to ring.

Everyone went quiet and looked at him, and when he took his phone out of his pocket, his eyes went wide, "It's V" He exclaimed, and then he answered it, "Hi" He spoke, and then he put it on speaker.