Chapter 1

"Hey kitty cats, it's Katie here. Today I am playing Mario 35." I tell my stream as I wait for the screen to load. It finally says 35/35 and the game starts.

The game begins and I am the first to die. "O-oh..I guess that just wasn't our game.." I say glancing over at the comments seeing a few hateful ones. I bite my lip lightly and start another match.

Let me just say I'm not the biggest YouTuber out there but I am extremely thankful for my 1,000 followers. This started out as a hobby and now I feel like people actually like this enough to the point where I feel like I belong here.

Jacksepticeye has donated $500 "Don't let the haters bring you down. I bet you're very good at this game."

My jaw drops. "Oh my god am I being trolled??"

No no you aren't. I just wanted you to reach that goal of getting a new monitor. Enjoy your day!

I smile at that. I can finally can get a new monitor. "Thank you so much Jack..I can't thank you enough.." I tell the stream and focus back on the game. I have 7 people attacking me at once.

"Time to do some math." I say with a slight smirk. I go into the water level and start sending out all the squid and fish and then a few bowsers before switching it to the person with the lowest time. I instantly get 5 knockouts and smile. "Yayyyyyy."

By the end of the game I get first place. I smile and play a few more games before logging off to eat dinner. This is a great day for once.

-2 weeks later-

After Jack posted the video I gained a lot more recognition. My followers have been going up by the day and I'm currently at 50k. I have even been followed by Jack, Felix, Rae, Sykkuno and someone named Corpse.

Since the donation jack has texted me and asked for my discord and stuff. I gave it to him and was soon invited to a group so I joined it.

Jack: Hi Katie join the call we are just talking:)

I join the call to be greater by jacks voice.

Jack: "HI KATIE HIIIIIIII."

Me: "Jesus..I had my volume up you scared me..anyway hi.."

Rae: "Oh my god her voice is so cute and innocent I just love it!!" That causes me to giggle.

Felix: "it's official she's cuter that you Sykkuno."

Sykkuno: "w-what?? No that's impossible."

Rae: "it's facts Sykkuno deal with it."

Poki: "where's Corpse he needs to meet this cutie!!" As if on cue he joins the call.

Corpse: "Hey guys. Wait who's Katie??"

Me: "h-hi I'm Katie."

Corpse: "wuddup baby?"

Me: "nothing really just getting to know everyone.."

Sykkuno: "m-miss Katie tell us about yourself."

Katie: "w-well I'm 17. I live with a foster family. I can leave this place when I'm 18 in a few months. My foster family is made up of 7 other boys..it's pretty hectic in the morning..or all times of the day. I live in Los Angles and I go to high school still. That place is a living nightmare..and video games along with my YouTube channel is my getaway..oh my god mason what did I tell you about entering my room without knocking??"

I press mute. "Who are you talking to?? You don't have any friends." "I-I do now leave me alone." "Just tell me who you are talking to and I'll go." He says through gritted teeth. I shake my head and he slaps me before leaving.

I turn back to my computer and fear overtakes me when I realize it was unmuted.

Rae: "Katie..who was that..?"

Me: "Mason.."

Jack: "And whose Mason?"

Me: "my older foster brother.."

Corpse: "and what did he just do to you?"

Me: "n-nothing. He did nothing.." I hear them all sigh then a familiar car pulls into the driveway and panic takes over me. "G-guys I have to go help my f-Foster parents with d-dinner..it was nice talking to you.."

We all say our goodbyes and log off. I put my laptop away and go downstairs to start dinner. "H-hi Mr and Mrs Williams..dinner will be ready in an hour.."

"Good you little bitch. Cooking and cleaning is all you're good at." As I cook I burn my hand on the pan. "FUCK!" I yell out and Mr. Williams storms in. "What did I tell you about swearing?!" "I-I'm sorry I-I just burned my hand r-really bad.." I say holding my injured hand to my chest.

I was never going to hear the end of this. He beat me and beat me until I fell to the ground crying. He laughs and walks away. I collect myself and finish cooking for him, his wife and the 7 boys. After plating everything I walk to the living room where everyone is.

"Dinner is ready Mr. Williams.." That's all I say to him before walking upstairs to clean my wounds and wrap my burnt hand. I lay down and stare at my ceiling. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day..

———————————————

Hey y'all! I hope you enjoy reading this book. I will be trying really hard to keep up with it. Be sure to vote, share and comment! I'd love to see this book do very well :)

-Andy ☺️❤️