Chapter 9

"Okay Katie. Let's go to the mall now!!" Rae says dragging me out to the car. I've saved up quite a bit of money for emergencies while I was in foster care. So I guess I'll spend some here today.

I sit in the back seat, Rae is driving and poki is in the passenger seat. After about 25 minutes we get to the mall and I step out of the car. "D-do we have to be here..? There's a lot of people.." I mumble the last part. I don't like being in public with a lot of people. My idea of the perfect day is staying home, reading or playing video games. Maybe even streaming on Twitch.

Poki wraps an arm around me. "Everything will be okay. If you get overwhelmed we can leave. Okay?" I nod slightly and we all go into the mall. "Where do you want to go first Katie?" Rae asks me. "I-i don't know I've never been shopping really.." "hmmm.." she takes my hand and drags me to a store called Hot Topic.

"You might like this store. They have all different band shirts, clothing, jewelry and accessories." "I'm not sure if you'd want to do this but..would you like to color your hair? They also sell hair dye here. We can do the ends only if you'd like." My eyes widen at Poki's offer. "Wait you'd let me do that to my hair??" She nods. "Can we dye the ends blue?" "That would look very pretty with your eyes." Rae tells me.

"Let's do it." I smile. We buy blue hair dye, a few t-shirts, a few pairs of black skinny jeans and of course, cat ears. I wear them every stream. I only pay for half of it because Rae threatened to cause a scene if she couldn't pay for at least half. Around 3 my anxiety starts to act up because kids are coming here to hang out after school.

Poki and Rae don't notice so I try to calm myself down before anything can happen. A pair of arms wrap around my waist. "Hey Katie." I know this voice.. "m-Mason leave me alone." "Why would I do that? I'm just getting started."

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

He pulls me to where there are no people and flips a pocket knife out of his pocket. He grabs my arm roughly pulling up my sleeve. "Glad you listened slut." He cuts the words 'masons little slut' into my wrist. "I'm not your slut." I growl out. "Wasn't what you were saying at the party." "I couldn't say anything. You held a knife to me and raped me." I tell him. "Oh you enjoyed it just admit it." "I didn't. Face the fact not every girl wants to sleep with you." I say and walk off to find Rae and Poki before I break down.

✔️✔️✔️✔️

I find them and poki can tell somethings wrong. "Everything okay..?" "I-I want to g-go. Please.." I'm about to burst into tears. "Too many people..?" I nod slightly. Not the exact reason but close enough..

We leave and drive home. I'm just glad to be back where I feel safe.

—————————————

Double update! :)

-Andy ☺️❤️