Chapter 3

I get in the car and Dylan wraps his arm around my shoulder. I flinch, thank god he didn't notice. "Okay so Gordon and I are going on another business trip. Dylan and Katie I'm leaving you two in charge because you're the oldest. Dylan knows the rules so he will explain later. And we will be home in about 2 weeks."

'Okay's' and 'mmhmm's' were said around the car. We get to the school and I sigh. This place is a living nightmare for me. I hate it here. It's literally the worst place in the history of the world.

"Okay Katie I'll see you at lunch." Dylan tells me before running off to his class. I sigh and go to biology. I can already feel it, the day is going to drag out..

About half way through the class there is a knock at the door. "Come in." The teacher says and the door opens. Two kids step in and the boy speaks up. "Hi I'm Justin and this is Riley." "Tell us about yourselves." "Well we moved here from Seattle for our dads job, we are twins and one more thing that's important is that Riley is mute. She can talk she just chooses not to so please don't treat her any different.." Justin says protectively wrapping an arm around his twin.

I smile at them. "That's perfectly fine. And I expect that no one treats Riley differently. You two can sit at the back table with Katlyn." I cringe at the use of my full name. "It's Katie sir.." "I'm sorry Katie."

The two come and sit at the table. I already finished my work so it is the perfect time to meet them "hi I'm Katie but I guess you already knew that." I giggle. "I'm Justin and that's Riley but I think you knew that." 'Hello' Riley signs. 'Hi. It's nice to meet you. And yes I know sign language.' I sign back and give her a smile. She smiles back.

"You know sign language? How? Most people don't know it so it's harder for them to communicate with Riley." Justin looks at me shocked. "Oh I am in the foster care system and one of the younger boys I lived with at the time was also mute so I learned for him." He just smiles.

"That's amazing." I smile. "Yeah. I enjoyed learning it too." The rest of the day went on and lunch came. I walk to the cafeteria and see Justin and Riley sitting with Mason..oh no this can't be good.

I walk over to them and put my tray down. "Hey guys." The second I sit down they all leave. "W-what did I do??" "Just forget it you bitch." Justin says walking away. I guess the word traveled around fast because Dylan wouldn't even talk to me. Worst of all I don't even know what I did wrong..

————————————————

Heyyyyy. I'm glad I'm at least getting a few views. Don't forget to comment, vote and share!!

-Andy ☺️❤️