babbling, bumbling band of baboons

you were in the common room, on freds shoulders as george held harry, waiving your eggs as everyone cheered. "yes!" "knew you wouldnt die, lose a leg" "or an arm" fred and george joked. "pack it in altogether? never!" they shouted together as everyone, including the portraits, clapped and cheered, the egg being passed around the room as everyone kissed and praised you and harry.

"shush!" seamous shouted and handed the egg back to harry, ginny handing you yours back. "come on guys, whats the clue!" they beckoned. "who wants us to open it?" harry asked and everyone cheered and shouted "yes!" "do you want us to open it?" you shouted and everyone cheered again.

"ready harry?" "ready {Y/N}" you and harry said, and both unscrewed the top and the egg opened, revealing a gold shiny inside, and it screeched lowder then anything else, george and fred dropping you and harry on the floor as everyone covered their ears and shouted and you quickly closed the eggs again.

"that was unpleasent..." you muttered. "what the bloody hell was that?" ron asked, you and harry stood up stairght to watch ron standing there with a sterling in his hand, everyone watched in silence.

"allright everyone! go back to your knitting. this is gonna be uncomfortable enough without you all nosy sods listening in" george said a little uneasy as everyone scattered away. "ill see you later" you smiled at harry and then turned to hermione. "i want to ask dumbeldore about my wand" you said and she nodded, and you quickly ran up to your dorm and put the egg in your closet, and then out of the common room, and to dumbeldores office.

walking up the stairs, with each one you heard a little better the talking from upstairs, you heard dumbeldores voice, and snapes, and barty was talking with them. you kept on walking upstairs, and when you were standing right infront of the door, you lifted your hand and knocked twice gently.

"come in" dumbeldores voice called, and you pushed the door open and walked inside. "miss black" "hello professors, mr crouch" you smiled. "what can i do you for?" dumbeldore asked with a smile and you walked towards the table and slapped on the desk your wet slimy wand, that was almost broken. "what happened?" you asked with a worried face as snape lifted cautiosly the wand and smelled it. "i think... smells like flubberworms" he says. "how is that possible? what happened there?" you asked, a hint of worry laced in your words, which was unusual to the confident girl.

"we're looking into that miss black, this was very unusual and almost not possible, you executed that task quiet perfectly" barty says, holding your shoulder. "well, i appreciate that a lot sir, but i dont want to die... who jinxed my wand?" you asked firmly as everyone stayed silent. "dont know yet miss black" dumbeldore says, standing up with a sigh towards you "but we are looking for the reason" he said and muttered a spell on your wand and it was as if untouched.

"now, why dont you go to sleep, and figure out the egg?" he asked, smiling down at you. you sighed, turned around, and walked to the door. "good night" you muttered before you left the room and walked back to the gryffindor tower.

**

"good morning loves" you smiled as you sat down besude hermione at breakfast. "morning {Y/N}" ron greeted, smiling at you, while harry spilled water over himself.

"look at this!" hermione called and showed the paper in her hands. "i cant believe it, shes done it again!" she said as she slapped the paper on the table. "who done what?" you asked calmly as you gathered your breakfast. "rita skeeter" she said, just the name making you sigh.

"miss granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards" "me?" you asked with a smirk, making harry and ron chuckle, but not her. "her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the bulgarian bonbon, viktor krum. no word yet on how harry potters taking this latest emotional blow" she read with a frown. "dont worry about it too much mione, everyone knows skeeter is a liar" you simply said as you started eating and she sughed as a boy came over to ron with a big box.