the second task-squid?

you banged your head on the books that were opened infront of you in the library. you were trying to understand the egg in the library, tired. "god, i beg you, give me the answer" you slurred before you banged your head on the book again, and again, and then started reading it, again.

"{Y/N}?" someone asks and you look up to see ginny walking towards you, holding a couple books. "hey ginny" you smiled tierdly at her. "still working on the egg?" she asks and you nod, holding your face, as she puts her books on the shelf.

"i really dont know what is it..." you sighed. "have you tried listening to it again?" she asked and you sighed. "lets try" you said as you put your hand on the latch and turned it around, and it opened, and again, it screeched loudly, but this time, something clicked. you fell out of your chair while it screeched and shrieked and you gasped as you stood up and pulled out of the shelf a book called "magical water creatures in the mediteranian" and you quickly ran through the pages, the screeching of the egg in the backround stopped when ginny closed it.

"what the hell {Y/N}?!" she asked as she rubbed her temples. "ginny, you are a genius!" you shouted as you dropped the book and grabbed her face and kissed her forehead before you grabbeed the book and the egg and ran out of the library, looking for harry.

**

you opened the door loudly and saw harry in the water, silently, until he turned around to look at you confused. "{Y/N}?" he asks. "harry, look at this!" you called and shoved the book at him.

"merpeople can only sing underwater, above the water it only sounds like screeching" he read outloud while you gathered your hair behind you with a tie.

"do you think..?" he asks. "maybe" you say. "well, i learned to listen to you" he sighes as he grabes his egg and you nod at each other as you grab your own egg and put it underwater, snd dunk your own head underwater, looked at harry, and at the same time you opened your eggs and heard the gentle singing.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
An hour long you'll have to look,
To recover what we took."

you and harry pulled your heads out of the water, both gasping for air as your wet hair sticked to your faces "yes!!" you pumped your fist with a smile as he laughed. "finish this off, and lets go figure this out" you said and he nodded as you stood up and dried yoruself off using a spell. "in the library, be there!" you said as you ran out again and to the library.

**

you sat in the library with harry, ron, and hermione, looking for a way to be able to breath underwater for an hour. "say it again" hermione said.

"come seek us where are voices sound" "the black lake" she says and smacks ron across the head, waking him up. "an hour long youll have to look" he says. "also obvious, though it could be potentional problematic" she sighed.

"potentioanly problematic?" harry asks. "when was the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour hermione?" he asks as you read through books. "we have to keep looking, so stop whinning" you sughed as you slammed the book down on the table and rubbed across your tired face.

"hate to break up the skull session" a voice said, and you looked to see professor moody standing there. "professor mcgonagll wants you in her office" he says and you and harry start moving "not you two, just weasley and granger" he says, his eye following them.

"but professor, the second task is only hours away, and-" "exactly, presumably our champions are well prepared by now and could do with a good nights sleep" he says in his booming voice. "go now" he shouts at them, and you bang your head on the table again, as harry looks through a few papers.