Chapter 15 | Back at the base

After running for such a long time, we finally made it to the base. We walked in and the troupe was staring at us as if they've never seen almost dead people before.

"Feitan, are you okay?" Phinks walked to him.

"Yup, I'm alright. Thanks bitch." I told Phinks. Machi and Shizuku came running to me and helped me walk to a rock to sit on.

"The hell happened?? We were about to go look for you. It's been a damn day." Nobunaga said.

"Don't worry grandpa, we're fineee" I said, trying not to wince with my pain.

"You have damn stabs and blood all over you. How are you okay??" Shizuku said, worried.

"I'm fine, y/n isn't. This stupid killua kid kept on stabbing into her." Feitan said.

Machi walked over and took a look at my injuries. "Oooh- this is way too deep. I can cover it to stop the bleeding, but it would take a few months to heal, so it's probably best not to fight for a few months".

She began to cover the bleeding and stitch my skin together.

"Wait, you guys.. The chain user said you guys were dead.. how does that work?" I said confused.

"We have someone named kortopi. He can make copies of anything. He made it look like we were dead to stop the chain user from killing more of us." Shalnark said, looking at his device again.

"Ahhhh. I thought you guys were dead." I said starting to tear up, "WAIT, MORE OF US?? WHO DIED??" I looked around looking for missing people, "wh- wait- Where's uvo..?"

"While you guys were chained up for half the day, the chain user killed him.." Chrollo said, "it was tragic.."

"Uvo" I teared up a little. Shizuku came in for a hug, and I hugged her tightly.

Shalnark tried to come give me a hug, but Feitan stopped him. "No." Feitan said to him. "Mine and mine only".

"Waiiiiiiit machii. No fighting for a few monthsss??? I mean how about killing and stealing, can I do that?" I pleaded.

"Well if they attack you, you can't do anything back and it'll only make your injuries worse, so no." she responded.

"Awhhhhhhhhhhhh" I pouted. I felt arms wrap carefully around me. It was Feitan. He was giving me a hug from behind. I put my hands on top of his.

"I'll protect you." Feitan said, blushing a little when Phinks began to tease him.

Chrollo stood up and everyone looked at him. "Y/n, what is your new ability?" he asked me.

"I don't know, I really don't remember much of what happened." I answered.

"Can you try to show us?" he asked.

I tried to concentrate to starting that new aura again, but no matter what happened, I only failed.

"I'm sorry, boss. I don't know how to." I said, a bit sad that nobody else could see my new ability. I noticed Feitan whisper something to phinks, but I didn't mind much of it.

"Hey, y/n" Phinks called out.

"What is it, browless?" I answered.

"Shut up! I'll kill your precious Feitan if you don't stop" he answered.

"You wouldn't dare" I crossed my arms.

He walked behind Feitan and grabbed a knife. He held him tightly enough so he couldn't escape his grip.